James William Kieran

alfwalton

i am the grand daughter of Florence Annie Pownall, there were two older sisters to Florence, Edith Amelia(b. 1902) and Maggie(b. 1900).Millicent Reid, known as Babs to her friends and family has a famous grand daughter, the ballerina Darcey Bussell.

James was my great grandfather unfortunately the information here about his family is completely incorrect. My grandmother Annie Josephine Kieran was his daughter and none of these descendants of James match the name of any of her siblings. their names were Gladys George and Ted. Although he embarked at South Hampton he was still residing in Liverpool but the ship did not dock in Liverpool due to bad weather so he had to embark in South Hampton. Somehow since the census records were all hand written at that time they were lost. I spent two days in Liverpool trying to research things and came up with the same scenario shown here online but that was not my family. If anybody can be of assistance to correct this it would be greatly appreciated. I can submit a photo of my grandmother who very much resembled her father James.

Back