Joseph John Beattie

BEING A GRANDSON OF THE ABOVE JOSEPH AND MARIA BEATTI E I HAVE BEEN WONDERING IF THERE WAS ANY OTHER DIRECT RELATIVE LIVING IN BELFAST AND IF SO THEY MUST BE APPROACHING THE RIPE OLD AGE OF EIGHTY YEARS SIGNED S. PORTER BALLYMONEY

Joseph Beattie was my great grandfather. It is worth noting that Margaret died soon after reputedly of a broken heart. Maria was my grandmother. Both she and Agnes would tell us grandchildren about their memories of the disaster as it was still very fresh in their minds even 50 to 60 years afterwards

Hi Samuel. My mother Lucinda Johnston Smith Nee Ferguson is your 2nd Cousin her mother was Mary Jane Ferguson Nee Shields & her mother was Elizabeth Anne Shields Nee Welsh she was the Sister of your Beloved Grandmother Maria Patterson Beattie Nee Welsh. Making  me David James Smith, Snr. your 3rd Cousin. It would be great to meet you sometime as I have been researching the family history & would love to learn more about the Beattie & Porter Family Circle so I can add them to my family history.Yours Sincerley David James Smith, Snr Craigavad, Holywood. Email: [email protected]   20/07/2011

Back