When I have been to Paris, I have seen there real designs by Lucile (Lucy Duff-Gordon). One of them was signed and the price of each of them was 150 Euro. Do you think it's a good price?

In which thread are the "stolen ones"?
It was on the flea market in Saint-Ouen in Paris. But I did not buy them. The problem was that I did not have enough money with me and my mother said that It's mad to spent 150 on "an old picture" and she refused to borrow me the money so I could not buy it:-( And it was on the afternoon before my departure so I could not return there to buy them.
But I would like to write there and ask if the could give me a contact on the seller. And I will go to France in May again and there again in July to spent a summer there so I hope I will have a chance to get to Paris and buy them if they still have them.
One of them was a black dress and was signed "Lucile" and I like this one particularly. I don't remember the second one but I would say it was made about the same time as the first and the third on was a bit bigger and judging from the style of the dress and the hair style I would say it was from the 20's and it looked similarly to the design on the very right on the picture on: Lady Duff Gordon

[Moderator's note: Edited link due to width requirements. JDT]

Regards
Vitezslav

I was there again last week, but I was not sure whether they are real or not...

I compared them with the other designs I have seen on the internet and they were a bit different, and I was surprised, how perfectly were the drawings (water colored black ink) done! Was Lucile so skilled? On one of the gowns I could recognise the colour of the skin shining through the sleeves, and the women were anatomically and proportionally correct, and the way how they have been colored - the were several layers of colour - they were really professionally made.

Nearly everyone of six or seven available was signed by "Lucile" - the both "L" reached deep under the main line of the other letters, as well as the "tail" of "E." Does it match with Lucile's actual signature?

To me, it seemed rather as drawings of already made dresses or so...not designs made by Lucile.

What do you think?

Regards
Vitezslav

Back