Lusitania items

In my college days in the late 80s', I bought a watch case from 'Cobwebs", which was recovered from the Lusitania wreck, presumably from the 82' expedition.

Well,sadly I canibalized the watch casing components in my failed attempt to construct a time machine.(sadly Im not kidding..I watched one too many sci fi films)

Should anyone have a recovered Lucy item they'd be willing to sell, please email me off-list.

It seems every time I contact Cobwebs every other year they 'just had' a Lucy item that was purchsed by someone else..

Rest assured my days of constructing time machines are in the past..
regards

Tarn Stephanos

tarn
for about 6 months i have been looking at lusitania memorabilia up on ebay. they frequently are selling plates (or at least fragments) presumably recovered from "Lucy." about a month ago, a seller posted up for auction, a floral pattern fan recovered from sea within days of the sinking.(The ending bid was at $75.00 US)
hope this helps

Fiddlesticks....
I missed that auction....
I see right now there is a Lucy watch mechanism on Ebay, but this month my wallet is quite thin as Im working on buying a very rare Titanic book..
Hopefully things will improve next month...
regards

tarn Stephanos

You can still buy a watch mechanism from Cobwebs online. I saw the Pocket Watch case on ebay which sold for over $500 USD. I believe Peter Boyd Smith is selling them for around $300 USD and the mechanisms in their sealed cases for $155 USD. I know this because I just bought one of the mechanisms from him this past month and it sounded like he had more. While my mechanism was just a rusted-shut box, you could hear the mechanism inside rattling around. I was going to try and pry it open, but decided to leave it as is. Hope this helps... Regards

Eddie Petruskevich
http://westphalia101.tripod.com

Hi Eddie
I am not sure if you noticed, but your 1927 Mauretania passenger list has a Lusy connection.
Andrew Cockburn is listed as the Engineer. He was an Engineer on the Lusitania when it went down.
Mike

Hi there,
there is some info about the Engineer of the Mauretania, Mr. Cockburn, in the book by Humphrey Jordan called Mauretania 20 Years of Landfalls and Departures.

Best,
Eric Longo

re: there is some info about the Engineer of the Mauretania, Mr. Cockburn, in the book by Humphrey Jordan called Mauretania 20 Years of Landfalls and Departures.

thanks. Is there anyone here with access to the book who could provide more details about this man?

many thanks

Hi,
if you can bear the wait I will dig out my copy and dig up some info when I am able to - very busy here, but happy to help
happy.gif
sorry I can't do more right now.

Best,
Eric Longo

In the late 80s I bought a watch mechanism from "Cobwebs" (one of scores recovered from the Lusitania wreck in 1982), but it was canibalized in one of my failed attempts to construct a time machine- Recently a fully conserved and cleaned watch case and mechanism recovered from Lusitania sold for a bargain on Ebay- but not to me....
Can anyone point me in the right direction from where or from whom I can buy a recovered Lucy watch case? Last time i checked Cobwebs didn't have any...I would like procure a watch case from Lusitania, have such restored, and a working mechanism put in...
If you want to feel free to pm me...

Tarn Stephanos
Boston MA

Thank you Trevor!

This is what I love about ET- fellow Titanic, Lusitania and liner buffs coming together in a positive forum, to exchange ideas, and help each other out with research, and on how and where to find specific collectibles.
Thanks again!

Regards

Tarn Stephanos

Back