Maria Josefa Perezde Soto y Vallejo Peñasco y Castellana

There's a dramatic story behind this rich good looking couple; their parents had forbidden them to travel by boat, so they asked a friend in Paris to buy a bunch of postcards and send one daily to their families, to make them believe they were still there. They nerver told anyone they were boarding Titanic.

my friend went to the titanic artifact exhibition an melbourne and everyone recieved this boarding tcket and had to find out it the men or women they had on the barding pass survived and the girl on her pass survived, was rescued in boat 8 and her husbands name was victor he died with the boat. and she had a very long name so i am pretty shore thats her

Actually, in spanish, there are many more information about Victor and Maria. Beside what you told, there are many other interesting facts about the couple, too bad there are no spanish contributors in Encyclopedia Titanica. I sent an e-mail many years ago with many information, but now i see they didn't publish it.  Probably they wanted  articles supporting my information, but the only ones i got were in spanish. So... this couple proves that reality is much more interesting than fiction. Not that Jack and Rose's wasn't interesting, but they could do a great movie with Victor and Maria's story too.

erroneous information: Mr. Víctor Peñasco y Castellana (born: Madrid, October 24, 1886) Mrs. Víctor Peñasco y Castellana (born: María Josefa de la Cruz Pérez de Soto y Vallejo; Madrid, September 13, 1889 - Madrid, June 2, 1972) and Casimira Fermina Oliva y Ocaña (Uclés, October 11, 1872 - Madrid, March 28, 1969)

Actually, in spanish, there are many more information about Victor and Maria. Beside what you told, there are many other interesting facts about the couple, too bad there are no spanish contributors in Encyclopedia Titanica. I sent an e-mail many years ago with many information, but now i see they didn't publish it. Probably they wanted articles supporting my information, but the only ones i got were in spanish. So... this couple proves that reality is much more interesting than fiction. Not that Jack and Rose's wasn't interesting, but they could do a great movie with Victor and Maria's story too.

Could you share those articles with me? Thank you!

Back