Mrs Lucian P Smith

I am interested in Mrs. Lucian P. Smith. She is from my home state of West Virginia. I know her husband perished in the diaster and she remarried fellow passenger Robert Daniel. There is not much information listed for her. I would like to know where she is buried, if she had any children, and if she did have children, are any of them living? Thank you very much.

Hi Thomas,
Eloise Smith was pregnant at the time Titanic sank and later gave birth to a son, Lucian Phillip Smith,II on November 29, 1912. She did marry Robert Daniel but had no children by him and they were divorced. She died as "Mary Eloise Hughes Smith" on May 3, 1940 in Cincinnati, Ohio of a heart ailment at the age of 47, leaving her son and a sister, Tudelle Hughes VanSant--I think she died in 1974 but don't have the exact date handy.

Lucian Phillip Smith, II, married a Tennessean and had two daughters, Cathy (Catherine Eloise) and Elizabeth. He lived at various times in Uniontown, Pennsylvania, Dallas, Texas, and finally settled in Venice, Florida where he died on October 24, 1971 at the age of 58.

You might be interested to know that Lucian, II, also narrowly escaped drowning in 1966 while traveling on a cruise ship (the Viking Princess) which caught fire and burned off the coast of eastern Cuba.

I hope this helps a little.

Phillip

Thomas,she was only hospitalized in a sanitarium in Cincinnati. There is a question about what she actually died of and an addendum to her death certificate states that no further insight into the actual cause was available. She was returned to Huntington for burial.

Phillip

Back