MV BRITANNIC REAL COLOUR PHOTOS

Here is a couple of nice colour shots of the last white star liner, MV Britannic (1930 - 1960):

28217.jpg

Wonderful Site Greg. Great color Normandie photo ...see page 4 in the ocean liner photo section. It is listed as an unlabeled slide...but someone told them it is the Viking Princess??? LOL!

Cheers,

Robert

Greg. Great site - thanks a million. Never would have thought of looking in a website called Age of Sail!

There are some really great colour photo's which probably don't exist anyplace else on the web. Highly recommended.

I found a stunning pic of the Christoforo Colombo charging at what seems full tilt through a choppy sea. Liked it so much that I immediately right-clicked and saved as wallpaper. When I'm in the nautical mood, that space is usually reserved for Olympic or Titanic only (or Andrea Doria sinking, when I'm feeling blue!)

Im sure there are loads of colour photographs of the liners in many homes around the world forgotten.
My parents visited NY in 1972 and have both slides and old cine films of the Circle Line boat tour around Statue of Liberty and the Piers.
Its been years since I have seen both but I recall the cine and slides include the 3 yr old QE2 at Pier 90

As another message, just to say my parents lived in a small Holding Cottage at the banks of the Clyde during the late 1960s and early 1970s. The House was about 1 mile away opposite John Browns shipyard.
The house came in handy when the QE2 was launched and sailed for Greenock for her trials, for a great vantage point.
Sadly, as the house was to be demolished, my parents were forced to move to the nearer town of Paisley.
I have visited the spot where the house was at the river - all that remains is the gate and gateposts along with two Rowan trees that my mum planted in the front garden!
But it was a great spot to witness the QE2's launching.

Back