Mystery Titanic postcard

So I bought this Titanic postcard on ebay. The guy said that the postcard was made pre sinking. Can anyone help me verify if this is true? And yes, on the last image there is a watermark.(the reason for this is because my camera stopped working so I had to find the same reverse on google as the Titanic postcard.

unnamed (3).jpg
vintage-postcard-back-artwork-s-american-real-photo-rppc-verso-blank-text-area-isolated-white-...jpg

Hello and welcome to the ET Message Board Travis,

Yes it is correct, numerous pre-sinking postcards were made. Some of them were originally Olympic postcards and repurposed simply by changing the name, to Titanic. All of the pre-sinking ones depict the Titanic as to her original design, before she underwent many modifications. Your postcard shows her with an open A deck first class promenade (which was later half-enclosed), and without her port and starboard bridge wings, for starters. The original plan was for both ships to look exactly the same and this postcard among others, reflects that.

Here's some further information on Titanic postcards, which will be of interest:

Enjoy your postcard!

Hello and welcome to the ET Message Board Travis,

Yes it is correct, numerous pre-sinking postcards were made. Some of them were originally Olympic postcards and repurposed simply by changing the name, to Titanic. All of the pre-sinking ones depict the Titanic as to her original design, before she underwent many modifications. Your postcard shows her with an open A deck first class promenade (which was later half-enclosed), and without her port and starboard bridge wings, for starters. The original plan was for both ships to look exactly the same and this postcard among others, reflects that.

Here's some further information on Titanic postcards, which will be of interest:

Enjoy your postcard!
Thank you so much. That is very helpful.

So I bought this Titanic postcard on ebay. The guy said that the postcard was made pre sinking. Can anyone help me verify if this is true? And yes, on the last image there is a watermark.(the reason for this is because my camera stopped working so I had to find the same reverse on google as the Titanic postcard.

View attachment 111465 View attachment 111466
Just a matter of interest how much did you pay for the post card?

Back