Olympic's Hinged Windows

Recently, whilst browsing eBay for artifacts recovered from the ‘Old Reliable,‘ I came across an example of the ship’s arched windows. An interesting aspect of it, though, was that its upper portion was hinged from the bottom and it was clearly able to be opened. In addition, its topmost frame had a protrusion at the centre somewhat resembling a keystone design. It was loosely described on the eBay page as simply being from the vessel’s ‘grand staircase,’ but observations of photographs don’t show windows of the exact same design, and the window in question also comes with a section of paneling that doesn’t appear to be of the sort found around the 1st class staircases. Another assumption would be the ship’s gymnasium, yet photographs don’t show the same design/paneling either. Nor do other surviving arched windows (from what I’ve seen) showcase this design.
My question is of the location(s) aboard Olympic (and/or Titanic, one would assume) these windows would’ve been found, and if there are any other intriguing variations of the ships’ windows that may be going relatively unnoticed.
The initial eBay page: WHITE STAR LINE RARE RMS OLYMPIC 1ST CL GRAND STAIRCASE STATEROOM ICONIC WINDOW | eBay

Attachments

• 07DC8A7B-4559-4DC1-A4C1-DBC19EEDF77A.jpeg
    07DC8A7B-4559-4DC1-A4C1-DBC19EEDF77A.jpeg
    295.8 KB · Views: 38
  • A4D5A435-F1E5-43A6-9BFD-EC0FD715AA5B.jpeg
    A4D5A435-F1E5-43A6-9BFD-EC0FD715AA5B.jpeg
    549 KB · Views: 38
Back