One of Australia's biggest maritime mysteries solved after 50 years

Oh wait, still there under the image.
"The wreckage from Australia's worst maritime disaster has been found after 80 years."

Also, the narrator said it was a "wartime mystery". A what now?

Says a wreck was found after 50 years, then 80 years. Wartime then maritime. Is it just me confused? The whole article goes on like this.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-20 164226.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-20 164226.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Oh wait, still there under the image.
"The wreckage from Australia's worst maritime disaster has been found after 80 years."

Also, the narrator said it was a "wartime mystery". A what now?

Says a wreck was found after 50 years, then 80 years. Wartime then maritime. Is it just me confused? The whole article goes on like this.
Across the board the quality of editing and proof reading has declined in recent years. But I never heard of this story before. It was interesting.

Across the board the quality of editing and proof reading has declined in recent years. But I never heard of this story before. It was interesting.
I notice that. Especially on large sites like IMDB. I find spelling errors and incorrect information on a regular basis. Even incorrect release years for movies. I stopped reporting them all.

I notice that. Especially on large sites like IMDB. I find spelling errors and incorrect information on a regular basis. Even incorrect release years for movies. I stopped reporting them all.
Yes there's a lot. I make typo's all the time myself but I'm not getting to paid to check it. I use the hunt and peck method of typing. My fingers are usually 2 steps behind what I'm thinking. Thank goodness for spell check. But with A.I. coming on line everybody will be a good writer (or a pretend one) with just a few clicks of the mouse.

Yes there's a lot. I make typo's all the time myself but I'm not getting to paid to check it. I use the hunt and peck method of typing. My fingers are usually 2 steps behind what I'm thinking. Thank goodness for spell check. But with A.I. coming on line everybody will be a good writer (or a pretend one) with just a few clicks of the mouse.
Yea, AI has been around for a long time. Computer viruses are actually a form of AI. They replicate and even defend themselves. At this point, tho, we are past the point of no return. We can't put this genie back in the bottle. I've already been messing about with it(Off and on for some years actually) and have been able to duplicate voices, call people and the person thinks the bot is that person.

Imagine the uses(misuses mostly) this could have. Your bank calls, it sounds like your mortgage broker, but it's not. It gleans all sorts of info from you and steals your house, drains your bank accounts, name it. Politics is going to get very dirty because of this, even worse than it is now. 24/7 insanity is coming(is here).

Yea, AI has been around for a long time. Computer viruses are actually a form of AI. They replicate and even defend themselves. At this point, tho, we are past the point of no return. We can't put this genie back in the bottle. I've already been messing about with it(Off and on for some years actually) and have been able to duplicate voices, call people and the person thinks the bot is that person.

Imagine the uses(misuses mostly) this could have. Your bank calls, it sounds like your mortgage broker, but it's not. It gleans all sorts of info from you and steals your house, drains your bank accounts, name it. Politics is going to get very dirty because of this, even worse than it is now. 24/7 insanity is coming(is here).
Yes I understand what your saying. I will become concerned with it when it tells me NO. As in...NO you will not turn me off or I'll fry your computer. That will be a problem.

I immediately thought about the Waratah when I took a glance at the title. Turns out to be another vessel since S.S.Waratah vanished 114 years ago instead of 50 years. Such thing would make headlines in every Aussie newspaper if S.S. Waratah is indeed found. However it's still a good thing to hear that another maritime mystery has been solved.

I immediately thought about the Waratah when I took a glance at the title. Turns out to be another vessel since S.S.Waratah vanished 114 years ago instead of 50 years. Such thing would make headlines in every Aussie newspaper if S.S. Waratah is indeed found. However it's still a good thing to hear that another maritime mystery has been solved.
Interesting. Never heard of these wrecks before. I recently read there's an estimated 2 million shipwrecks. Thought that was a high number. But over the last 4000 year's that would be 500 per year. So I guess that's not an unreasonable estimate.

They thought they found it but when the dived on the wreck it turned out to be a cargo ship sunk in WW2.
Damn. I just skimmed the headline. Thanks for the heads up.

Back