Pictures of forecastle machinery on C Deck.

There are several websites with videos of large scale very detailed models of Titanic.
You might find what you are looking for on them.
There is one of "The World's Largest Titanic Model" that will give you a good view.

Last edited:
Hello,

I´m still new to this forum and I not found a similar post, so I decided to ask here:
Is there any picture of the windlass area on C Deck forward available?

Thanks
This picture was for sale on Ebay awhile back A lot of photo's between the sisters were labeled Titanic so...? The second picture also came up as Titanic but again the info was vague. I found them at the link below.
Forecastle C deck Titanic at DuckDuckGo
s-l1000.jpg
d90oqxe-a4f93f1d-ae6f-4082-8743-0b180bc7274f.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Robert and Steven!
Thank you for your help and your welcome. :)
Unfortunately, I´m looking for the Deck below Forecastle Deck 'B'.
It's the area directly below the forecastle deck on 'C' Deck as per the plans.
I will try to look on model makers sites as well.

Best regards

This picture was for sale on Ebay awhile back A lot of photo's between the sisters were labeled Titanic so...? The second picture also came up as Titanic but again the info was vague. I found them at the link below.
Forecastle C deck Titanic at DuckDuckGo
View attachment 48689View attachment 48690
The top image is from the Father Browne Collection and it is Titanic. The second - lower photo - is a grab from a film taken of Olympic while under construction in Belfast.

Thanks for the info Bruce. I'm just curious how the area / room below was looking. I can see steam engines and hawser reel there on C deck on your plans. But unfortunately I think nobody took pictures there.

Best regards

I've never seen a picture from down there on any ship. I have seen a photo of the steering engine room on the Leviathan which is below the poop. Most of the ships if that era treated those spaces the same. I've seen the Queen Mary's bosun's locker, which is what that area was too on Titanic. The deck was just bare steel coated in a heavy paint. There were vertical wooden battens on the sides of the hull between the frames. If I remember correctly.

Update - I looked at the GA plan again tonight and it states the decking was sheathed with 4 inch teak

Last edited:
Frederik, I have the same research currently... Also would need anything for this compartment on my model. Titanic the ship magn. vol1 on p469-472 gives a good description of the equipment below the forecastle deck, but some photographic footage of it or any similar machinery would be very useful.

Do you have anything else yet?

IMG_0028.jpeg

Hello Peter,
as Bruce said: Nobody took pictures there.
Volume 2 of Titanic the ship magnificent shows on page 305 similar descriptions.
If anybody find out something more or myself, I will let you know.

Best regards

Back