Pictures of the crew of the Carpathia

Hello,

In the book Titanic & her sisters Olympic and Britannic are some pictures of the crew of the Carpathia.

On page 330 and page 331 and on page 333.

The one on page 331: In the middle sitting on a chair is captian Rostorn, It think the crew members with him are some of the high ranked crewmembers. I think that all his deck-officers are with him on this picture, but I have no idea who is who.

The one on page 330: I think a picture with mostly stewards.

The one on page: 333: I think the chief steward with his stewardesses.

My question is, does anyone know the names of some of the people on this pictures?

Regards,

Hildo

"The one on page 331: In the middle sitting on a chair is captian Rostorn, It think the crew members with him are some of the high ranked crewmembers. I think that all his deck-officers are with him on this picture, but I have no idea who is who"

In the link provided in my last post here is what I have come up with.

Having located the Carpathia Crew bios here on ET (which I didn't know existed, other than Rostron), it looks as if the man sitting in the first row on the right is the 4th Officer Geoffrey H. Barnish. I'm not sure which one is 2nd Officer James Bisset. The man with the mustache to the left of Rostron I think is Chief Officer Thomas William Hankinson. 3rd Officer Eric Rees does not have a photo in his biography so I don't know which one he is. The man in the third row standing next to the man who has hand one someone's shoulder (far right of Rostron) looks like the purser, Ernest Brown.

The man standing forth from the right is Horace John Dean, the First Officer who is also my grandfather. Any other photos of the crew that people could post would be great to see.

Here we go! Somebody might be able to complete some of the names from the initials.

Carpathia Officers Photo

Back row standing.

Dr V Risicato, Second Officer James Bisset, Hungarian Supernumerary Officer Gunter Roth, Chief Engineer A B Johnston, First Officer Horace Dean, Assistant Purser Percy Barnett, Purser E F G Brown, Dr Arpad Lengyel.

Seated middle row.

Chief Officer Thomas William Hankinson, Captain Arthur Henry Rostron, Dr Frank McGee.

Seated on deck.

Third Officer Eric Rees, Fourth Officer Geoffrey Barnish.

Back