Answered Possible Photo of Officers. Can anyone confirm if this is related to Titanic in any way please?

Here you go. At first glass it doesn't look anything like the Titanic but the figure in the centre bears some resemblance to Henry Joseph Bailey : Titanic Survivor. Maybe someone can identify the ship or the line from the uniforms?

Attachments

• 20210530_211917.jpg
    20210530_211917.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 210
  • 20210530_201741.jpg
    20210530_201741.jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 213
Those ain't officers of the Titanic.

They are lieutenants and sub-lieutenants of the Royal Navy Reserve.

Note the braided rings and the good conduct chevrons above the rank insignia. They look like officers of an armed merchant cruiser or a sloop which often had reservist crews.

My ignorance is trumped by this group's combined knowledge and I thank you.
The pencilled 'Titanic 1912' on the rear of this mounted original photo is perhaps someone's guess.
I shall await my state pension instead of flogging this dead horse.
I really am grateful for your time and knowledge folks.
Nigel

My ignorance is trumped by this group's combined knowledge and I thank you.
The pencilled 'Titanic 1912' on the rear of this mounted original photo is perhaps someone's guess.
I shall await my state pension instead of flogging this dead horse.
I really am grateful for your time and knowledge folks.
Nigel
It's ok! That's how you grow your knowledge, by asking questions. Trust me, I ask a lot of them :)

Quite a number of the Royal Navy's seaplane carriers (precursors to aircraft carriers proper) during WW1 were converted ferries. Some of which would have had radial davits as mentioned earlier by Jim.

The chap seated on the right with the handkerchief in his pocket has a colour between his rings, he must be either an engineer (purple) or a surgeon (red).

Btw if you look under the chair of the bearded man you will see a dog !

Those ain't officers of the Titanic.

They are lieutenants and sub-lieutenants of the Royal Navy Reserve.

Note the braided rings and the good conduct chevrons above the rank insignia. They look like officers of an armed merchant cruiser or a sloop which often had reservist crews.
Thanks again Cam, Seamus and Jim.

Quite a number of the Royal Navy's seaplane carriers (precursors to aircraft carriers proper) during WW1 were converted ferries. Some of which would have had radial davits as mentioned earlier by Jim.

The chap seated on the right with the handkerchief in his pocket has a colour between his rings, he must be either an engineer (purple) or a surgeon (red).

Btw if you look under the chair of the bearded man you will see a dog !
I saw the dog which was vlearly unable to keep its head still.. haha

Back