Reminders on TV in the shadows

Happily watching a rerun of C.H.I.P.S. a few weeks back, Ponch and John drive over a large overpass, and in doing so, they panned across the top of the cemetery where Daisy Minahan is buried.
It is my understanding that there are many films that uses the Hollywood Forever cemetery, in the Paramount studio's back lot, where the Clark family mausoleum is located.
Has anyone else spotted a house, location, or link to the Titanic on Television in passing?

I've been to the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. A friend and I just wanted to see the memorials for a few old actors (some very interesting things in there). I travel down to that area of Hollywood frequently...what exactly are you looking for when you mention a location regarding the Titanic on TV? Maybe I could find it for you.

The cemetery is not located on the Paramount lot at all. It is in back of Paramount near the old Desilu Studios and CBS. It's a fairly congested area too...businesses and houses below the studio.

There is no large overpass near the cemetery. The freeway is about 4 miles north of the cemetery. The CHIPS program used the 210 freeway (in LaCanada) which was brand new at the time the show was made so it was rarely used which meant no shutting down of highway traffic for filming. I know this because I used to live in LaCanada, CA before moving to another part of CA.

HI Deborah. After passing it time and time again, I too finally went inside the Hollywood Forever cemetery, (just about a year ago, on the grave tour that several of us got together and did.) I found it quite interesting. One of the better kept cemeteries!
Daisy is buried in the OLD Catholic cemetery below the 710/60 freeway. I believe the name is Calvary Cemetery.
Not any specific location, just in passing, if someone else had caught anything Titanic related on Television. This was a surprise, as I was not even looking for Titanic when watching CHIPS.
My family lived in Sunland for 16 years, and was glad to see the 210 be put in (vs/route 66 aka Foothill Blvd). I remember a few times in going down to Los Angeles, seeing CHIPS being filmed at the Highway Patrol station under the Santa Monica freeway.
smile.gif
Ok enough... Moderators are tapping their feet at me...

Back