Robert Wallace, trimmer

lwallace

My Great Grandfather disembarked at southampton, the family story goes that he got into a fight in a pub and got arrested thus meaning he missed the fateful journey. Is there any way that I can get this verified?

If there's anything to it, there just might be some sort of record in any surviving station logs. Short of that, you would probably need to find a ticket with his name on it or the contract ticket list for the ship.

I have sent I Wallace a message that should help establish a meaningful link to Robert Wallace's family. My wife is Robert Wallace's grand daughter. We are originally from Belfast, & remember Bob very well. He was quite a character, & worked at many occupations during his lifetime. he spent the last years of his life in the village of Whitehouse, in County Antrim, but often visited the family in Belfast. He lived at number 6 Collyer Street, & his daughter Betty Matthews & Husband Billy, & children Hilary & Jacki later lived at that address, before migrating to Western Australia. Hilary & I were married in 1961, & migrated to Australia in 1965. Billy & Betty & Jacki came to Australia the following year. Bill Reid.

Back