Rosa Abbott Found

Finally, the long awaited answer to the
often posed question, "When died Rosa Abbott?",
is at last answered. After collaborating with
Phillip Gowan for many months,and following many
twists and turns, I recently found the records of her death and final resting place.
The story of the most tragic of the female sur-
vivors will be told soon.
Others discovered recently are Mrs Kelly from
2nd Class and the elusive Mildred Brown, as
well as William Weller and Scullion Simmonds.

Stay tuned!

Brian Meister

Way to go to the indefatigable team of Brian and Phillip! I'll be looking forward to the news when you go public.
happy.gif

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Congratulations to both of you on a remarkable find - that's one passenger story on which I'd like to see the final chapter written!

~ Inger

Brian,
Kudos to you and Phillip for your hard work. I am sure Titanic historians and enthusiasts around the globe will be happy to learn of your findings!

Regards,
Dan

I'll render a bet that Rosa Abbott suffered fairly severe post traumatic stress disorder. Hopefully, Phil and Brian can enlighten us on that. PTSD seems to have been somewhat more common among the collapsible survivors, than among others.

Compliments all much appreciated by both Brian and myself--we are very excited. But Mr. Meister failed to mention a trio of other long-sought-after questions that can now be laid to rest: (1) "When died Amelia Geiger"--(2) "When died Annie Caton?" and (3)...praise be to God the Almighty... "When died Robert Hichens?" In fairly short order we'll do the long-promised article on Hichens in the Atlantic Daily Bulletin.

To Jan: Rosa seems to have led a very droll, ordinary life. In a later life photo of her and her second husband he is smiling and looks happy. Rosa managed just the hint of a grin but looks very haggard and old. There is only a hint of the woman pictured in the postcard she sent to Emily Goldsmith many years before. We also have tracked down her ex-husband, Stanton Abbott, who remarried but had no children and also seems to have led a very droll existence in later years. This is one couple who at some point probably wished they hadn't sought the American dream as it didn't turn out to be one for them.

Regards,
Phil

Phil,

You're right! I forgot those ladies, but we
also failed to mention Charlotte Collyer,
Seaman Lucas, and Berk Trembisky.

Wonder who's next???

Regards,

Brian

Hi Phil, and thanks, but I wasn't really thinking of myself. I was thinking more along the lines of the 1300+ members who subscribe to ET as members well as who knows how many who check the pages for research. You and Brian have been doing some very important work solving a lot of mysteries and it would be nice to see the bios here updated with the new discoveries. Either way, I'm looking forward to it all. Especially the info on Hitchens. If what I've seen here is any indication, it's been a thorny issue for quite some time.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Back