S.O.S Titanic Uncut

Matthew Q

Entertainer
For years, I've heard tales of the original version of S.O.S Titanic, but as a person born in '94, I never had the pleasure of watching it for myself in its original format. There are ancient posts from the turn of the millennium with people on this forum having copies of their own, but as that's getting on two decades ago, I can see why it'd be a fool's hope that any of those people would still be around. Even so, it must be asked; Has anyone got/knows where to find a copy of the original miniseries at its full length?

I've been searching, but all I can find is the edited version in Spanish. There is one part that's in English, but it's the only one, the rest are missing.

Bootleg copies do circulate for sale online. Going by the comments of people who have bought them however, they almost always have originated from VHS recordings of varying quality and also have the full advertisement breaks too.

Most of the scenes from the extended cut are available individually on YouTube.

I hope that one day we'll get the full three hour or thereabouts cut on DVD or for download.

On a lighter note, I was watching the ever hilarious "Father Ted" on Christmas Eve night and one of the Irish lasses from "SOS Titanic" popped up on it :D

Last edited:
Some of the engine scene were from Kempton Steam Museum. Which can be seen in steam operation seven times a year. See the website for the 2020 dates. If you are down that way I can give you a guided tour.

I've been searching, but all I can find is the edited version in Spanish. There is one part that's in English, but it's the only one, the rest are missing.

I don't know if it's any consolation but here a few of the scenes from the three hour cut that were either trimmed or deleted completely from the ninety six minute (?) cut that we are all used to seeing.

Didn't like the way they portrayed Renee Harris as a hyperactive "me me, look at me everybody !" kind of person.

The scene with Wilde writing the rather spooky letter to his sister is a good one.

Kino Lorber was scheduled to release the theatrical cut on Blu-Ray in March but now they have postponed it because they're reporting that they may have found the elements of the original TV cut to allow for a Blu-Ray release of both versions.

Kino Lorber was scheduled to release the theatrical cut on Blu-Ray in March but now they have postponed it because they're reporting that they may have found the elements of the original TV cut to allow for a Blu-Ray release of both versions.
I can't wait! I'll definitely get that when it comes out!

The representative from Kino Lorber Home Video announced this on the "Home Theater Forum" message board. Here is the post in question.

Jan 28, 2020
410788.png

Kino Lorber InsiderInsider
INSIDER

Joined:Nov 20, 2017Messages:1,235Likes Received:8,515Trophy Points:1,610Real Name:Insider
Robert Crawford said:
Is S.O.S. Titanic still coming out on March 3rd?
No, it has also been delayed. We may've found the film elements for the longer TV cut, so it'll most likely be a 2-disc set now.

No new announcements from Kino yet. Of course you never know if the restoration project to include both cuts was set back by everything else that's happening now.

Back