Hi Y'all!
I found a Second Class Dining Saloon Tile, lying on the Second Class Entrance of the Stern. (Located in the NOAA 2003 Footage)
1607741263105.png

1607741284998.png

Good eye, huh? I'm the First to spot it!! :D

Attachments

• 1607741277701.png
    1607741277701.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 944
Has any of that been brought up from the wreck?
Hiya Steven! Hope you've been swell

I've looked at tiles being displayed, I have only seen the:
-red and Cream Tiles (without border)
-Firemen's Spiral Staircase tiles (also used in the Crew pantries, Crew Lavatories, Third class lavatories and bathrooms)
-Galley Tiles
-Swimming Pool Tiles (also used in First class and second class public bathrooms and lavatories, forward C-deck private bathrooms, swimming pools, shampooing rooms, pantries (officers smoking room, officers mess pantry, lounge and deck pantry, pantry of the verandah and palm court ETC, smoking room bars (except third class)
-First Class Smoking Room tiles
EDIT: I have found a First Class Tile in the debris field, but it was missing the octagons on the corner

I have actually made friends with Bill Sauder on FB, (!!!) and we've talked from time to time. I can ask him whether any have been recovered.

Another short mystery: How did a Lone Second Class Dining Saloon tile get from D-Deck and land atop the Second Class Entrance on the Boat Deck??

Hiya Steven! Hope you've been swell

I've looked at tiles being displayed, I have only seen the:
-red and Cream Tiles (without border)
-Firemen's Spiral Staircase tiles (also used in the Crew pantries, Crew Lavatories, Third class lavatories and bathrooms)
-Galley Tiles
-Swimming Pool Tiles (also used in First class and second class public bathrooms and lavatories, forward C-deck private bathrooms, swimming pools, shampooing rooms, pantries (officers smoking room, officers mess pantry, lounge and deck pantry, pantry of the verandah and palm court ETC, smoking room bars (except third class)
-First Class Smoking Room tiles
EDIT: I have found a First Class Tile in the debris field, but it was missing the octagons on the corner

I have actually made friends with Bill Sauder on FB, (!!!) and we've talked from time to time. I can ask him whether any have been recovered.

Another short mystery: How did a Lone Second Class Dining Saloon tile get from D-Deck and land atop the Second Class Entrance on the Boat Deck??
Yes been good here but its been like groundhog day here. No telling how the tile ended up there but stuff was strung all over the place on her way down. I don't know Bill Sauder and have never conversed with him. But I have seen him in many documentaries and read some of his stuff. I have liked his segments when I've seen them. He seems like a no nonsense down to earth guy to me and don't recall disagreeing with anything he has commented on. I'm sure others disagree but thats ok. He was on The Titanic Channel but I think thats defunct now.

Yes been good here but its been like groundhog day here. No telling how the tile ended up there but stuff was strung all over the place on her way down. I don't know Bill Sauder and have never conversed with him. But I have seen him in many documentaries and read some of his stuff. I have liked his segments when I've seen them. He seems like a no nonsense down to earth guy to me and don't recall disagreeing with anything he has commented on. I'm sure others disagree but thats ok. He was on The Titanic Channel but I think thats defunct now.
Hi!
Yes, very good point, like how the galley and E-Deck was thrown to the east of the Stern, etc. Titanic channel? Never watched it. Watched the Free previews or whatever on youtube

Got back from my call with Bill. He said they're EVERYWHERE, we just haven't seen them!

Hi!
Yes, very good point, like how the galley and E-Deck was thrown to the east of the Stern, etc. Titanic channel? Never watched it. Watched the Free previews or whatever on youtube
It was on my ROKU for about a year then it went away. Not sure if its defunct now or available somewhere else. They had some good stuff while it lasted but don't think there was enough interest to keep it financially viable. But I could be wrong about that as it might be somewhere for subscription. When it went off on my devices I lost interest in it.

La

Late to a reply but how certain would you be to suggest the tiles in 2nd class dining were black and cream, rather than red and cream?
Hi Icy!

The 2nd Class Dining Saloon Tiles themselves were an orange and buff (alternating on the tile) color.

Now, for the Supposed Black and Cream tiles, There haven't been any recovered Black and Cream tiles, and none can be found. Only red and cream (with or without tiles) were used for Second Class. These are found all over the Stern and nearby the starboard side, also ejected out on impact.

Third Class hallways had litilsilo, except in the Alt-Third or Second Class areas, they were Green and cream. The Stairwell itself had these without borders, and can be seen in various documentaries, such as "Treasures of the Titanic," or in Various Footage throughout the years.

Are you referring to this site, Floor Patterns ? Everything but the Cafe Parisian, and Blue and cream & the Black and Cream tiles are accurate, somewhat.

I found this out (The orange and buff) after I asked the question about the tiles, but on Titanic University at youtube they showed a light orange and gray for 2nd class dining. So I have settled that. On your pictures the tiles looked black and cream but they must be the red and cream.... I mean the pictures where you actually spotted that they were from 2nd class. Pretty cool. I couldn't quite understand why anyone would wonder how a tile from one area could wind up in another. I would think as the ship progressed to the ocean floor it was total chaos as to where any one item would land. And, thank you. Icy

Also, I don't know if the picture I have seen of the second class dining room is perhaps from the Olympic, but the colors sure looked dark. Referring to this picture. Any ideas?
2nd class dining.jpg

Back