Smithsonian Titanic photos

Hi and thanks to all reading this. I am new to the Encyclopedia Titanica. I have always been interested in the story of the Titanic but my interest seems to have been escalating (dangerously) lately after reading a book on the story that I could not put down. I had read the book before but this time it really hooked me. I would like to know if anyone knows about photos of the Titanic that were put out by the Smithsonian. I can't seem to find anything on Google by typing in Smithsonian Titanic photo (yes, I know, thousands of returns but nothing I see pertains to what I am looking for), and the online Smithsonian store has been shut down. A local antique store in my area has a photo of the Titanic and I believe it says Smithsonian somewhere on it. It looks old but I thought I would research the vintage of the photo before shelling out cash for something that maybe isn't as old as I would want it to be. Replies can be sent directly to me at [email protected]. Thanks and best wishes to all! Chris

In 1960, I bought from the Smithsonian a photo of the Titanic that was published in Walter Lord's "A Night to Remember" and was captioned as coming from the Smithsonian. Also, they have a photo of the Carpathia's Leyden Jar capacitors from their wireless set. I don't know how to contact them anymore. Robert H. Gibbons

Back