Some artwork I made

Kurt Urbain

23E4D918-B187-4042-B0F9-56B2657CBFDB.jpeg
6E2C7BEE-AD02-435B-9B3C-131D82F8F19F.jpeg
407A32A7-60A6-4CA9-8E66-52A73B59357F.jpeg

Hey all, new guy here. Thought I’d share a couple paintings and a drawing I did. I’ve drawn and painted the wreck countless times.

Last edited:
No offense, but the painting you did of the ship splitting in half looks like the one drawn by Ken Marschall. It's still great, though! ;)

Were you inspired by Ken Marschall's?

View attachment 42625
And finally this is me at the museum in Gatlinburg TN. I’ve been a huge Titanic geek since I was about 7.
Yeah, I've also been a big Titanic fan since I saw the 97 film at age 5 on VHS.

By the way, you're quite a handsome man and I love your stocking cap! I have one just like it, only it's striped, and I also have quite a lot of facial hair like you. :D I think I'll send you a photo of me wearing it. ;)

I caught the bug in about Autumn ‘89, I was in 2nd grade; we watched the Nat Geo doc about the discovery of the wreck. The one Martin Sheen narrated. I wouldn’t shut up about it to my folks, they saw fit to snag me the kiddie version of the Ballard ‘Discovery’ book for Christmas, which was full of Ken Marschall paintings. I’ve been completely obsessed for 30 years since.

That's it!

He also wrote a very easy-to-read book for toddlers called Finding the Titanic.

Exploring the Titanic is part of the Time Quest series books. They also include a couple books about the Bismarck and the Hindenburg.

I have all 3. They’re for kids in the sense that they’re all paperback and have simple writing, but they’re all excellent and full of photos and paintings I’ve never seen anywhere else.

Back