Stewards on Boat Deck

I was looking at the plans for the Boat Deck and I realised there were no rooms for stewards on that deck. In the case that a passenger on Boat Deck needed the assistance of a steward, would someone have to climb all the way up from A Deck or B Deck? I don't imagine that White Star would leave the entire Boat Deck unstaffed if all the cabins on Boat Deck were booked. Perhaps someone could help?

Cabins on the boat deck????
Yes, there were six first class staterooms on Boat deck: Z, Y, X, W, U and T. (I underline the names of these cabins in red on the part of the Boat Deck plan.)
01 Boat Deck 1'st class staterooms.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking at the plans for the Boat Deck and I realised there were no rooms for stewards on that deck. In the case that a passenger on Boat Deck needed the assistance of a steward, would someone have to climb all the way up from A Deck or B Deck? I don't imagine that White Star would leave the entire Boat Deck unstaffed if all the cabins on Boat Deck were booked. Perhaps someone could help?
In my opinion, the stewards were in the pantry wich I marked
in red on this section of the Boat Deck plan. Most likely, they sat there during work and prepared coffee, tea, etc. at the request of passengers and maybe also officers.
But I am not sure I will try to look, maybe I can find information about it in TTSM in
in a chapter about Boat Deck.
Boat Deck Pantry.jpg

Back