The cabin of the Tausig family

Hi, I consulted it does not have a long time the following site there:
http://titanic-titanic.com/titanic' s%20first%20class%20passengers.shtml

Said there that the family Tausing, Emil, Tille, and their Ruth daughter occupied the C-67 cabin, and not a cabin with the E deck.
would that be true?

Tank's
Thank you

EG,

You should accept the Cave List, which shows: E67 and E68/1. As to why titanic-titanic has C-67 [which was a 2-berth room], you should e-mail Andrew and ask him.

The Taussigs paid 79 pounds 13/-, which was 3 minimum fares from London.

Hi EG,

I believe Titanic-Titanic may have got their information from bedroom steward Alfred Theissinger's newspaper account (I think to the Cleveland Plain Dealer) in which he stated that the Taussing family occupied C-67 or 68 which belonged to a number of cabins under his particular charge on C-deck. According to the account, when he alerted them to the danger, Emil Taussing doubted that the accident was at all serious.

I'm inclined to agree with Lester and the Cave List, and that the newspaper simply misheard E for C.

Regards,
Ben

Charles,

Are you able to check the Cleveland Plain Dealer?
If Theissinger gave Taussig's room number as 67 or 68; then the deck has to have been E-deck. We have other cases of deck numbers being mis-heard/reported.

Lester is correct to say that Theissinger's description of the Taussig cabin arrangement can only apply to E-deck, where the two cabins mentioned (67 and 68) actually faced eachother, whereas on C-deck, they were on opposite sides of the ship, with one of which being occupied by Mr. and Mrs. Thayer.

I can only suggest that Theissinger made the acquaintance of the Taussigs on a previous crossing and so instincively sought the family out following the collision out of a sense of loyalty to his former charges. Frederick Ray was a similar case in point. He was keen to ensure the safety of Martin Rothschild and Washington Dodge, simply beacause he had become acqauinted with them on previous sailings.

Ben

Lester and Ben,

I think I must have been very tired yesterday, cause my question looks so stupid now that I read it again.... Of course I knew that the Thayers were in C68, but it did not cross my mind at the time of writing this reply. Also, I hadn't read Theissinger's description for about two years and felt too lazy to find it back.... Let's forget this okay? :)

Hi EG,

I believe Titanic-Titanic may have got their information from bedroom steward Alfred Theissinger's newspaper account (I think to the Cleveland Plain Dealer) in which he stated that the Taussing family occupied C-67 or 68 which belonged to a number of cabins under his particular charge on C-deck. According to the account, when he alerted them to the danger, Emil Taussing doubted that the accident was at all serious.

I'm inclined to agree with Lester and the Cave List, and that the newspaper simply misheard E for C.

Regards,
Ben
Emil doubted the danger is serious? I don't think so, from what I've seen he was terrified but trying to keep calm, and lost it after his family got off the ship.

Back