The Dive To Titanic

(Re: Brigitte's Dive Story on the Home Page of ET)

As BAD as I want to see her, I'm just too terrified of something going wrong in the submersible. I know there have been many successful dives, and that's good, but I just can't see myself going down down down so far down into the deep depths of the ocean. Why, I can just feel myself screaming once the hatch closes!!! Yikes! Get me out of here!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't even use an elevator if I don't have to, I'll go up as many as 6 flights of stairs to avoid the enclosure of elevators. My trust in mechanical mechanisms just isn't that great, sorry. Maybe the only way I'll ever go down there is to drag one of my ET buddies like Sam Brannigan with me! He'll go! Won't ya Sammy?

There are still some artifacts next to her? For some reason I assumed they all were gone and none were left. How utterly FANTASTIC that she still has some left! This warms my heart to no end. Somehow I just feel some sort of comfort knowing that some valuable pieces of her are still intact, even if they're in the debris field.

After finishing reading the story, I cried because I felt so sentimental towards the people who boarded her and had such a grand time aboard her. I practically felt myself down there in the submersible with the crew eyeing her glorious interior myself, I was so overcome with emotion. These photos and story brought me as close to Titanic as I might possibly get without being next to her in person.

Thank you for posting this online exhibit, Phil. It made my day!

As Always,

Teri

P.S. What was the date of this dive?

I have asked myself in the past if I would go if possible, and waiver between H*ll YES, to, No it's too dangerous and I have a family that needs me. I think I couldn't honestly answer the question unless it actually happened to me. I'd have a thousand ET friends P.O.'ed at me if I didn't go. I have read that it is 25 grand a dive in Mir. and not something that is an every day possibility. I guess I'd have to see, though it is the ultimate of all dreams to quite a few. Colleen

My friend Steve Rigby tells me the dive was wonderful, well, if not the actual dive then the arrival and six hours spent at the scene. It was, to him, a lifetime's ambition and I'm so thrilled that he was given the opportunity to do it.
I would like to have gone too but had to turn down the company's offer owing to health problems combined with sheer terror at the prospect!

Steve's trip was marred by "the wedding" and the fact that his fellow travellers' had won the dive in a competition and half of them didn't really want to be there whilst the other half were not really sure where they were or what they were seeing! Shame to waste so many places but "that's business" I suppose.

Geoff

Hi, Geoff!

>Steve's trip was marred by "the wedding" ....

Let's face it -- the trips of *many* men have been marred by a wedding....

(Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!) :)

All my best,

George

Hmmm! I feel the need for pen and paper! How should I start, "Dear Pat" sounds good to me.
Maybe you would prefer to send me a small parcel of used bank notes?

Geoff

Back