News The Titanic, the Iceberg and the Rest of the Story at FAB FEST Oct. 16

Jason D. Tiller

Staff member
The Lakewood Film, Art and Book (FAB) Fest is proud to announce a riveting and informative presentation centered on the 15 April 1912 sinking of the mighty RMS Titanic, the newest and largest passenger ship afloat. Our presenter is historian Peter Cook a member of both the “Titanic Historical Society” and the “British Titanic Society”. Cook will take you back in time with his thrilling program titled “The Titanic, the Iceberg and the Rest of the Story”. His program will answer key questions like “was the Titanic going to fast”, “did it ignore iceberg warnings, “why didn’t it see the huge iceberg sooner”, “who were the passengers”, “what about the watertight doors and lifeboats” “did a nearby ship watch Titanic sink” and much more.

Note: Towards the end of the article it states that Sean Connery was in "A Night to Remember", but he actually wasn't. That is a false claim.

owards the end of the article it states that Sean Connery was in "A Night to Remember", but he actually wasn't. That is a false claim.
That is correct. Not sure why people started this rumour because the character Connery supposedly played in ANTR, that of an unnamed seaman, was played by Larry Taylor, who was 12 years older and looked nothing like the young Scotsman.

But several sources continue to list Connery's 'presence' in the film. See this A Night to Remember (1957) - SeanConnery.com

I guess it is similar to claims that Harrison Ford was briefly in The Great Escape as a young Nazi during a train scene. At least that actor, whoever he was, did resemble Ford a lot.

I was looking at the trivia section for A Night to Remember at the IMDB. I didn't know that Bernard Fox who played Gracie in Camerons movie was also the lookout Fleet in ANTR. The trivia section also confirmed that Connery was not in the movie. Some interesting facts in that section if they are true. Like Lawerence Beesley being on the set of the movie and what happened. And Peter Grant the infamous manager of Led Zeppelin played a deck hand.

Last edited:
1665738058308.png

This is the unnamed sailor who was supposed to be "Sean Connery" in A Night To Remember. In fact, that's English actor & professional stuntman Larry Taylor and he looks nothing like Connery.

Back