Titanic Challenge of Discovery Game

Mike, I've made it to the Bismarck. I photographed the daylights out of it, but still end up with a not-too-great rating.

Thoughts?

Bill Willard

Bill, if you've found that pesky Isis 'wreck', then you have licked the hardest part of the whole thing in my opinion! You would not believe how many people I have had to give the coordinates to over the last year or so for that one!

Once I'd gotten as far as the Bismarck, it took me a few goes to complete all the objectives too. All you can do is launch over and over again, and keep checking the cruise plan map of the ship to make sure you have gotten all the targets, and all the areas of the ship photographed. For a while I wondered just what I had to do to get it all done, I had found all the individual targets, found the stern section etc, but in the end I got it done.

Titanic is just as easy to find, and is an easier wreck to explore because there are less hazzards on it, and of course we all know it like the back of our hand! But the stern section is tricky to photograph, what a MESS!

Thanks. I must return to Bismarck! I'll photograph the daylights out of it. It is an interesting program, just as soon as things go well your cable snaps and you loose Argo.

I am anxious to return to the Great Lady, this time even if it is just a video game!!

Away.........!

Bill

I found I could complete the whole game with the same settings throughout-ship Aquarius, no Argo at all, medium difficulty, ALWAYS take the heave compensator, just the one set of DOTS, and in the end I took to just DEselecting the right hand column of crew members every time! Titanic is great to explore, you can lower Jason inside, though there's not actually much to see but it's still great fun to do! I know where the crate of paintings is too, if anyone needs to know.

Hi Mike,

I have this game and I have yet to try it. I thought it would be more fun if I took on the challenge with my son.

Any words of wisdom for a landlubber and a woman who knows nothing of how these games work??

Beverly

Mike,
You have to find the Bismarck's stern? This is the part I could never get past. I didn't know you had to find her broken-off stern, too.

Whoops.

Josh.

To Anyone who can answer this question,
I would like to find this game. Is "Titanic Challenge of Discovery" the name of the game? Where can I find it. It sounds like a very interesting and educational game. Thanks for the help.
Best,
Dave McCann

David, I'm looking at my box now. Across the top it has "Robert D. Ballard" and in large letters underneath "Titanic" then "Challenge of Discovery". Mine still has the "win an expedition to a shipwreck" ad. I saw several of these on ebay for less than $5 yesterday. It's great fun. The image on the front looks like a Marschall print showing Jason Jr looking at Titanic's starboard anchor, with an illuminated bow.

Hey Joshua, if you find the stern of Bismarck, let me know where you found it!

Bill

For those of you that can't find it, Bismarck's stern is north of the main ship-just follow the debris trail and you should find it fairly easily. I'd have to go down there myself to get you the exact coordinates, that's one thing I never logged! But if you can't find those paintings by the Titanic, let me know...

Joshua, if you were following the amount of Bismarck that you had already surveyed/had yet to survey in your objectives log, you'd have realised you were missing that pesky little bit of stern!

I'm gonna have to reload the game and get past Isis again. Everything in the game was lost when we reloaded Windows last January. I'd pretty much given up on it anyhow 'cause I couldn't finish that blasted mission!

But I didn't know then that I had to find the stern...

Ah well, I'll dig it out this weekend.

Josh.

LoL....Mine has the "win an expedition to a shipwreck" also. I was way to blonde for that game...maybe after I have been here a while and have learned a thing or two from you "pros" I may give it another try
Kudos to those mission experts!

Steph

Back