Titanic documentary on National Geographic

quote:
>>Joseph Laroche wasn't featured in the 1997 Titanic movie.<<
No one knew there was even a black passenger board the Titanic (including James Cameron)until quite recently (after the 1997 movie was made)
A black women decided to do research,after when she viewed the 1997 movie and she realized there was no blacks involvement in the movie.
She claims this:
She had thought back then in England,her quote:.....Surly there would have been Blacks polishing shoes or washing dishes or even shoveling coal in to the bunkers.
This made her do research and while researching,she found out there was one black man passenger and his family were board the Titanic.
I seen an article on the Internet early last year,with a black African women historian,stating what I just quoted,unfortunately,I can not remember her name,nor,where to find the article.
Would any one know or seen this same article a year ago?

I had heard before ,it was the THS Titanic society that was the first to find out bout the only blacks board the Titanic.

There is even a new novel out, I can't remember the name, but it deals with the black passenger on the Titanic traveling with his wife, whom in the book is white and his children are mixed. I'm not against that by any means, but for 1912 this is very far-fetched. (I don't really want to get into a conversation about that, so please ignore that statement) The rest of the plot of the book seems very boring though...not something I'd want to read. I think it's wonderful they are including him in the documentary, when does it air?

Wow, thanks for letting me know Michael, I thought that was made up. Now I feel stupid
sad.gif
..but thanks for the info!

I have found a website that is showing the documentary.

blinkx.com/watch-video/national-geographic-channel-presents-ngc-presents-titanic-how-it-really-sank/91v_cRs6qY5hfK44oimW_A

Back