Titanic in Southampton High resolution

Sorry to bother you, but I have a small problem. For weeks I've been trying to find a high resolution version of this famous Titanic picture:

RMS Titanic - Life Magazine

It was published as a postcard, and is apparently under public domain. The best quality copy I've been able to find comes from Life Magazine's archives, but I haven't found it from any other sources, and apparently Life doesn't sell copies of their pictures.

I'd greatly appreciate if some expert could point me to an alternative image bank that has this picture, or link to a high resolution scan.

Oh, and it's not for commercial use, I'd just print a poster of it for myself, since I already have a similar RMS Olympic poster.

Matthew Jackson: What would be really great, and require a tall ceiling in your home, would be a life-size poster, with a super-imposed rendering of yourself, staring in admiration at Titanic's majesty!

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Matthew,

this postcard appears (with a very low resolution picture compared to what you have already) in the book

R.M.S. 'Titanic' - A Portrait in Old Picture Postcards

by Mark Bown and Roger Simmons

ISBN 1-85770-075-9

The following information (and not more than that) is written next to the picture:

ARRIVAL AT SOUTHAMPTON

The 'Titanic' arrived at Southampton late in the evening of 3rd April, and just after midnight docked at Berth 44.
On Thursday, 4th April, preparations began to load the ship and prepare it for its maiden voyage.
The following day was Good Friday and the postcard shows 'Titanic' at her best, dressed overall in flags for the benefit of the people of Southampton.
Many came to view her from the harbour or from an excursion steamer.
None of the general public were allowed on board.

(Published by H. Symes, Southampton - R. Simmons collection)

Back