Titanic Kitchen Porter

JohnH

Greetings,

I'm looking for some information concerning kitchen porters on the RMS Titanic. Most specifically, I have the following questions:

1. What did a kitchen porter's uniform look like?

2. What were a kitchen porter's duties?

Also, if anyone has anyone information on Kitchen Porter William Beere, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

JohnH

Greetings,

I'm looking for some information concerning kitchen porters on the RMS Titanic. Most specifically, I have the following questions:

1. What did a kitchen porter's uniform look like?

2. What were a kitchen porter's duties?

Also, if anyone has anyone information on Kitchen Porter William Beere, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

JohnH
I appreciate this is a very old thread but I hope I may be able to answer regarding William Beere. My grandfather is 93 and William Beere was his fathers cousin. My grandfather was born in Hackney but spent lots of time in Bearsted and Maidstone in Kent which I believe is where Mr Beere was from. My grandfather and his father have the surname of Flood and I hope this may help you in your research. My grandad says that their name was spelt like the drink Beer but an E was later added on for some reason.

My grandad says that their name was spelt like the drink Beer but an E was later added on for some reason.
Curiously, that is the second time that I have heard that a family added an "E" to the surname Beer and the other instance was over 30 years ago and unrelated to the Titanic. I have a theory about your relatives based on that case and have PMed you about it; please let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Back