Titanic Relief Fund

I would like to learn how to begin to search the Titanic Relief Fund booklet(s) for information: where available, whether anyone is willing to do a look-up, and so on. Thank you, John

John -- I know Brian will give you his avid support with your enquiries.

However, this side of the story is an awe-inspiring one and full of many surprises. For me personally, my research quest with the old Southampton Committee started over ten years ago and even now, I am nowhere near finished as there's loads of unsolved stories waiting to be discovered.

At the moment I've had no option but open up another two new research files dealing with the original members appointed on the Southampton Committee, and thus the other deals directly with the orphans of Titanic. The second file is proving far more difficult to achieve than the first. As oppose to the members of the Southampton Committee, there's an abundance of new stories waiting to be told as some of the members had a very colourful life.

If I can assist in anyway, then I will be more than happy to add my lot.

On a personal note, I am glad to see someone has had the common sense to open up a new avenue into this tragedy of the past. Its long overdue.

Andrew W.

Thank you for your post, Brian, I've sent you a message.

Hello, Andrew. I appreciate your reply also. I note you do not accept private messages. If you'd care to send me one with your email address, I'd be happy to respond.

No worries John as this isn't aimed at you -- I have my reasons why I don't accept private messages from the bulk of people from this message board. Don't get me wrong as most are pretty good, but there are some rooten apples I don't particularly like. One more so than any other as he tents he brag he's a researcher when in actual fact he's a downright lair and looter from start to finish.

I will of course send you a private message if this is acceptable.

A.W.

Many thanks to Brian for checking on this request; I appreciate the help.

Andrew, will get back to you, if I have any more questions on the relief fund, thank you.

Andrew I've posted this elsewhere but see this thread is more current so apologise for duplicating - I am unable to reply to you as you do not receive private messages.

No problems Hilary as I've done the honours by unblocking the embargo. If you would to write to me then hopefully we can sort this possible link out between us. A useful tip to take notice of as I do have a reliable contact out in South Africa. I might be able to acquire the marriage certificate.

We'll speak soon as I'm off to Southampton today on a tour around Tudor House after a big major restoration work which has cost millions.

A.W.

[Moderator's Note: This thread, originally posted in an unrelated topic, has been moved to the one which is discussing the same subject. JDT]

Back