Titanic The Lost Mission

Hey,
Ive seen on the internet a game called Titanic: A Lost Mission and it said its some kind of mini thing i dunno of Adventure Out Of Time. I already half Adventure Out Of Time and I dont want to buy the same thing so if someone could tell me what it is that would be GREAT!!!!

THANKS!
Sahand

Hi Sahand,

I purchased this CD-ROM off e-bay which I just received in the mail today. I've gone through it and Brad is correct, it is the demo.

It starts off on April 13, 1912. You are in your cabin when you receive a message delivered to you by your steward from Penny Pringle. She asks you to meet her on the Grand Staircase and when you do, you are asked to find a photo of Andrew Conkling. You pay a visit to Eric Burns who is in A-29 and ask him about the photo. He tells you he might have taken it, but he doesn't have time to show you at that moment. After talking about his wife, he asks if you've seen her in which you reply no. He then tells you, that if you do see her she is wearing a black dress and that he will wait for her in the cabin.

You walk back to the Grand Staircase and happen to notice his wife their, so you return to his cabin and notify him where his wife is. You then proceed into his cabin and develop the photographs that are there. You find the photo you are looking for and then walk back to the Grand Staircase to hand it over to Penny. You give her the photo and she says to you that the agents will be pleased with your work. She then tells you that you are ready for your next mission, but you shouldn't meet again until she summons you and then it ends.

The only differences between this CD-ROM and the actual game is that this one features the trailer, and a screensaver with over 100 images from the game. The tour is included, but you don't tour the ship as you do in the full game. It shows you different images of the ship, but you cannot walk around.

Basically, it's an interactive mini-adventure. It's a good CD-ROM and it shows some images not seen in the actual game, but if you decide not to buy it you wouldn't be missing out on a whole lot.

I would have replied to you earlier, but I wanted to wait until I went through it so I could answer your question properly.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Are you referring to the game "Titanic-Final Mission" which was an abbreviated version of "Titanic--Adventure Out of Time? Also, there was a demo version of T-AOOT with a sport's game demo on the disk, too. I had it, but I have lost so much stuff moving around in the past 20 years. I was able to have a computer savvy student at my college open the Titanic file and it was the opening pan of the ship, ending on the cabin. You might check Ebay for the "Final Mission" game, which I believe has a downloadable file of screen savers, including a never used shot of the "landlady" outside the London apartment door. Robert H. Gibbons

[Moderator's note: This post and the one above it, were originally in another thread, but have moved to the pre-existing one on the same subject. JDT]

Hello!

I have a question for all of you. Recently I was looking for some Titanic related stuff when I came across this Cyberflix CD Rom game. According to Amazon, it came out in the early 2000's and was called Titanic: The Lost Mission.

I promptly ordered it (because, face it...I need more Penny Pringle).

Does anyone know anything about this game...or did I just waste my hard earned money on it?

Moderator's note: This post, originally posted in a separate thread outside of this subtopic, has been moved to the pre-existing one on the same subject. JDT]

There is more on the disk than the game. There is a screen saver with many frames from the Adventure Out of Time game, including wire frame shots of some of the rooms and the ship. There is a trailer for the AOOT game for collectors, and the abbreviated early test of the game. If you like to hear the characters talk, then you might enjoy the game. I agree with Mindy that there is nothing to unlock, and the "tour" is a slide show. Robert H. Gibbons

Back