Trunks being taken aboard Titanic. But is it REALLY Titanic?

So recently, I've lost about 50% of my Titanic files on my computer, besides my wreck folder somehow. I was rebuilding my pictures of pre-sinking photos, so I was looking around, and Time.com has this picture
1619613771305.png

its described as Trunks being carried aboard the Titanic on April 11th. but there's several issues with this.

1. the davits. Titanic's davits don't look like this, and don't stay on the outside, facing inward

1619613851687.png

the famous photograph of Titanic's Lifeboats (I think)
1619614197146.png

2. the highest point you could get as a passenger, that you were allowed to go, would be the Aft end of A-Deck. But this seems to be higher than the top deck.
3. Titanic had a teak handrail at the top of the railing, right?
1619614550683.png

This ship is missing that as well.
1619614568270.png

I wonder what ship this really is. Sort of reminds me of the Oceanic, the davits are similar

Last edited:
So recently, I've lost about 50% of my Titanic files on my computer, besides my wreck folder somehow. I was rebuilding my pictures of pre-sinking photos, so I was looking around, and Time.com has this picture
View attachment 76443

its described as Trunks being carried aboard the Titanic on April 11th. but there's several issues with this.

1. the davits. Titanic's davits don't look like this, and don't stay on the outside, facing inward

View attachment 76444

the famous photograph of Titanic's Lifeboats (I think)
View attachment 76445

2. the highest point you could get as a passenger, that you were allowed to go, would be the Aft end of A-Deck. But this seems to be higher than the top deck.
3. Titanic had a teak handrail at the top of the railing, right?
View attachment 76446

This ship is missing that as well.
View attachment 76447

I wonder what ship this really is. Sort of reminds me of the Oceanic, the davits are similar
The davits are on the Tender, Cam. If you could see the ones in your picture they would look (VERY ROUGHLY) like this
davits.jpg

The davits are on the Tender, Cam. If you could see the ones in your picture they would look (VERY ROUGHLY) like this
View attachment 76455
Ohhhh! Is this the tender America? And that davit makes sense, since they were swung out partially for Second Class Passengers to have more room

this Tender along side Titanic when she was at Queenstown
(Francis Browne, Queenstown, April 11th, 1912)
Queenstown, tender America alongside, sounding spar extended, April 11th, 1912.jpeg

If it is Titanic, do you know where it is taken? I can't make it out at all. its just that missing teak handrail that bothers me, if its for sure Titanic, she should have it atop the railing

Ohhhh! Is this the tender America? And that davit makes sense, since they were swung out partially for Second Class Passengers to have more room

this Tender along side Titanic when she was at Queenstown
(Francis Browne, Queenstown, April 11th, 1912)
View attachment 76459

If it is Titanic, do you know where it is taken? I can't make it out at all. its just that missing teak handrail that bothers me, if its for sure Titanic, she should have it atop the railing
It looks like the same photograph but taken from thr opposite end of the boat deck.
A single mast paddle steamer with a single raked funnel and a forward wheelhouse just behind the mast. You can see men standing on the paddle boxes on the side.

It looks like the same photograph but taken from thr opposite end of the boat deck.
A single mast paddle steamer with a single raked funnel and a forward wheelhouse just behind the mast. You can see men standing on the paddle boxes on the side.
Alrighty, thanks Jim

Looking at the picture, it looks like the top railing is thicker and darker, so that's maybe the teak handrail.

Where do you think this is taken, because it looks like the photograph is taken higher then the boat deck. Unless he climbed the rigging of the Aft mast, or something

It is the Titanic, Cam. If you zoom in on the lifeboat, to the right of the lady, you can see the name " SS Titanic" on it , th Number 8 and the boat reg, No.

As for the tender, it is the America. See on this site "A tender named America" by Senan Maloney

Back