Ulster Folk and Transport Museum's Titanic Built in Belfast

Jason D. Tiller

Staff member
Here's an extremely well done website by the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum with the assistance of others, starting from Titanic's construction, her fateful voyage and the aftermath. Also featured are video clips, certain documents and original recordings, including ones from Charles Lightoller, Edith Russell and Joseph Boxhall. There is also an online shop where photos of the Olympic Class ships and ones of builder's models can be purchased.

The layout and presentation of the site is very impressive, so it's well worth checking out. Thanks to Jim Carlisle for mentioning this on the Titanic-Discuss list.

www.titanicinbelfast.com

I'm have to say I found the site next to useless on dial-up. It simply has too many bells and whistles.

I've noticed this with other sites, such as our Australian Football League, which promotes a sponsor's broadband service and is obviously meant for broadband. It takes forever just to get the score during a game.

I'm have to say I found the site next to useless on dial-up.

Unfortunately, that's one of the downsides to sites such as this one. It seems to be that the newer sites that are popping up are designed for broadband users and not dial up. Although, I'm aware of some sites that offer access for both, but it's limited.

Back