Hello

I'm interested in the VIP Dinnerware sold in the Titanic store, just curious if anyone knows the history or purpose of them?

I haven't seen too many images of these plates or references to them in any movies. They always use the first class dinnerware set

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I'm interested in the VIP Dinnerware sold in the Titanic store, just curious if anyone knows the history or purpose of them?

Hello what Titanic store are you meaning?

If you mean aboard Titanic, there was no store.
If you mean with the VIP Dinnerware the one in blue and gold design, only a limited number was ordered for Titanic. It is believed that this pattern was used in the A-la-carte Restaurant for special occasions or at the Captain's Table in the 1st class Dining Room.

So plates were as follows:
“Wisteria” or crown pattern was in the main First Class Dining Room. These are the blue/turquoise once you often see referenced. One style was for lunch service and the other for dinner.
The Crown Derby Titanic pattern was made exclusively for the ships and was used as service in the A La Carte restaurant. This is the gold and green swags.
Spode cobalt Grecian Key pattern was used in the Cafe Parisienne.
Spode Lancaster Pattern (the one you’re referencing) is the specialty service one; which really is a guess because it could’ve been used during VIP service in the A La Carte, or it could’ve been used for the Millionaire Suite room service also as a VIP exclusivity. We don’t really know. No one notated it and if they did the records burned at H&W or were lost at sea. We do know they’ve found several on the ocean floor which means it was there and that a very very small amount was ordered for the ship. I’ve also seen a Lancaster Spode cup officially given as a gift to those who rode Titanic during her Sea Trials. Lancaster pattern is still sold through Spode and is insanely expensive haha. If you want a similar pattern That’s authentically bone China and of Lancasters quality I’d use York or Chancellor as they were somewhat sister patterns to Lancaster but much more reasonable in price. The Titanic store has a great buy for regular use as they’re porcelain/ceramic. I’ve bought from them before for certain things.

I’ve collected over the years And finally have a complete set of china for 12 in the Lancaster Patter with soup tureens, vege and meat platters and coffee and tea service sets. So feel free to ask any questions!! Hope this was interesting or helpful!

Last edited:
Hello what Titanic store are you meaning?

If you mean aboard Titanic, there was no store.
If you mean with the VIP Dinnerware the one in blue and gold design, only a limited number was ordered for Titanic. It is believed that this pattern was used in the A-la-carte Restaurant for special occasions or at the Captain's Table in the 1st class Dining Room.
I think he’s referring to the Titanic store.com They sell replica China

Back