Virtual Sailor & Ship Simulator

hi everyone, has anyone else got the games virtual sailor and/or ship sim'. i have both and i would say that ship sim has MUCH better graphics, but with virtual sailor you can download ships, i have all famous liners on it, only a few minutes ago i was racing Normandie, Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth, the qm was steaming ahead but then her navigation went wrong, causing the qe to smash into her hull the they were grinding for ages making the normandie take the lead (lol) apart from that i like trying to sink the titanic on ship sim. so has anyone got these games, want to know more about them or where to get downloads?

Virtual Sailor or Ship Simulator ? Which is a better program for somebody who is serious about learning the actual industry? Which is more realistic ? Which has the most real-world training missions ?
ALSO: What is the big difference between Ship Simulator EXTREME and the Ship Simulator PROFESSIONAL Edition ? Is it just the ability to use lots of external control devices, or is the software fundamentally different ?

I have the Ship Simulator 2008 Collectors Edition, which is 2008 with the New Horizon's add on. I really enjoy it. It takes a while to get through missions, let me tell you! The newer ships move much faster than Titanic, and by the way it's difficult for me to handle the liner. If you do get bored with the missions you can download free ones from the ShipSim website. ShipSim is rather realistic. If you're in a collision with another vessel you'll sustain damage. Depending how bad it is you'll take awhile to sink. Other times it isn't so bad and you can finish your mission. The cargo vessels are slower and somewhat slower at maneuvering. My only gripe is that there aren't as many ports and environments to visit. I think it'd be unique if they created a steamer that could travel on the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers. You might direct further questions here if you haven't already: Ship Simulator - Index. Also I came across this the other day: PlanetInAction.com - Ships Good luck.

Back