Walter Francis Fredericks : A Biography

David, fascinating account, I'm Frank Dymond's great grandson.....amazing to hear a first hand account of the conditions Frank would have experienced that night, if you have any photos or archive material that relates to Frank himself I'd be very interesrted to see it !,RegardsDave Dymond

Great to read such a fantastic and interesting account of my great step grandfathers life the night before I go to the Titanic Exhibition at the Melbourne Museum, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. My great grandmother was Mary Hicks. She was my fathers maternal grandmother and his carer until he and his brother were placed in a home in 1945 before she remarried. My fathers name is Peter White. We had known my grandmothers second husband had been a crew member aboard the Titanic and had survived but did not know much of the story. We now know Thank-you Annaliese Crosbie (White)

I am related to Frank Dymond and would love to find out more about him. It was lovely to read that he and Walter managed to escape the Titanic sinking and how this escape came about. They must have known each other too as Walter was a trimmer and Frank was a fireman. My nan was born 1910 but I have very little information on my grandad who was a Dymond. My nan and grandad had two children Brenda, my mum (18/09/39) and John my uncle (1937). They grew up in the South Hams (Totnes, Halwell, Kingsbridge). They have both died now so I have lost the link to research Frank. Can you help?

Hello Dave,Im Janet Seddon and I am related to Frank Dymond too. I dont know how I am but I come from a family of Dymonds in Devon. My grandad was a Dymond but I have limited info on him. My nan and grandad had two children, Brenda, my mum (18/09/39) and John (1937) my uncle. They have both died now. John had children, Brenda, Micheal, Stephen and Christopher. All Dymonds. All have had children themselves. I have a brother Ian. Please get in touch.

I work for a day centre where Bronwin attended. Bronwin is Mary Hick's daughter and Walters (wally as she calls him) stepdaughter. Bronwin shared some lovely memories of Walter.

Back