Wanted Titanic launching postcard offering a Britannic wood panel for trade if interest

Gregoire: The best of luck to you, Titanic launch postcards are highly valued & sought after. I had a real-photo p.c., launch of Brittanic, and payed a hefty sum for it...only to trade it at a later date.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Hi, I know, but because of the financial crisis, prices came dawn, I saw one for 220£.Unfortunatly, I reacted too late.
I have also one of the Britannic, and the Olympic.This one is the last missing

Hi, this piece of wood came from a pub in Belfast that had fittings for the interior.
Unfortunately, this pub was bombed by the IRA and the fittings, or what remained of it, were sold in small pieces.
I could get one of those:
img301.imageshack.us/img301/7052/imgp0253q.jpg
img301.imageshack.us/img301/1270/imgp0254.jpg
As you can see, back is damaged, as a consequence of the attack, but the colour is still the original one, it was not re-painted or restored since 1914.
Following inscription was engraved on the complete pannel:"1ST CLASS ENT BRIDGE INSIDE F AND A GIRDER STAR 433".
For those who wonder, this is the piece you can see on the Britannic website.

Agreed Gregoire, financial crisis has put a hurt on the value of our steamship collectibles. A member of the now defunt [email protected], and associate of mine, owns by far and away, one of the most prestigious pre-sinking TITANIC postcard collections extant. Not to mention his OLYMPIC p.c. collection.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

I have not exchanged PM with the gentleman since the list closed. He was very much a lurker, and I am unaware if he is a member of ET. He was so kind to send me color images of a very rare actual snapshot of Titanic fitting out, a real photo p.c. of Titanic just after the launch, a b & w p.c. of Olympic with a message entailing the collision with the Hawke.

I'll make an attempt to contact him, if so I could forward a message in regards to your interest.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Ok, thanks, but I doubt that such a great collector would be ready to sell a part of his stuff, but who knows.
happy.gif

Gregoire: Currently there is a RP postcard of TITANIC's launch...not posted but a message in regards to the disaster is written on the reverse.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Postscript - Forgot to mention the E-Bay seller is jaynics-stuff. This particular seller always offers a nice selection of steamship postcards.

Good Luck!

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Back