Question was the grand staircase of olympic painted green

Hello all, i recently learned that Olympics Grand Staircase was painted green in her 1932-1933 refit, but what i do not know is was the aft grand staircase also painted green to match the main grand staircase?

Thanks,
Noah

Hello all, i recently learned that Olympics Grand Staircase was painted green in her 1932-1933 refit, but what i do not know is was the aft grand staircase also painted green to match the main grand staircase?

Thanks,
Noah
Hello, and welcome aboard!
Yes it was painted green, its possible the Aft Grand Staircase was, but I've never heard any mention of it being painted green as well.
Mark Chirnside, who wrote a lovely book on Olympic and included every detail you could think of, did not say, so I'm sort of inclined to believe it was not.

The Aft Grand Staircase followed the forward staircase's linoleum change after the war, so I'd say it was possible, but maybe unlikely.

Hope this helps!

Hello, and welcome aboard!
Yes it was painted green, its possible the Aft Grand Staircase was, but I've never heard any mention of it being painted green as well.
Mark Chirnside, who wrote a lovely book on Olympic and included every detail you could think of, did not say, so I'm sort of inclined to believe it was not.

The Aft Grand Staircase followed the forward staircase's linoleum change after the war, so I'd say it was possible, but maybe unlikely.

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it :)

Back