What happened to JP Morgan

hey!

He never did sail and did die in 1913 leaving behind a huge fortune to philanthropic organizations and in some inheritances. His firm still exists and his library in New York is still standing- just in case you didnt know- hope this info helped-

Chris J.

Yes, John Pierpont Morgan did die in 1913, and I believe the cause was of a heart attack, but I cannot point that out for certain. What interests me most is that JP was safe and sound, and not ill at all, enjoying the company of his French mistress in a French hotel somewhere in France. A lot of rumours (which can never be proven) have it that JP Morgan was responsible for the sinking of the Titanic, and the fact that he was not ill at all does add some suspicion to this rumour. A friend of mine, only an half a year ago, told me the plausible reasons for this, and I wish I had written them down!

Hello Teri -

The J.P. Morgan Library is on the NE corner of Park Avenue and 36th Street, the exact address being 29 E. 36th Street.

The website is:

https://www.themorgan.org/

What many people don't know - and which I just found out on Friday (4/20/01) - is that J.P. Morgan's old downtown penthouse at 14 Wall Street has been turned into a restaurant!

Amazing place, amazing views (it's on the 33rd floor). And very classy (e.g., on the pricey side for a mere lunch - but tours are available).

I was told that, in the days before telephones, a line of runner-boys stood by while J.P. thought out his financial finaglings. Then, as soon as a decision was reached, a boy was hurriedly dispatched to to the New York Stock Exchange to buy/sell.

To boot, the bank I work for - Chase Bank - acquired J.P. Morgan Investment Bank recently.

Go figure.

Bob

Yes, John Pierpont Morgan did die in 1913, and I believe the cause was of a heart attack, but I cannot point that out for certain. What interests me most is that JP was safe and sound, and not ill at all, enjoying the company of his French mistress in a French hotel somewhere in France. A lot of rumours (which can never be proven) have it that JP Morgan was responsible for the sinking of the Titanic, and the fact that he was not ill at all does add some suspicion to this rumour. A friend of mine, only an half a year ago, told me the plausible reasons for this, and I wish I had written them down!

Morgan, as cold as he was and ruthless at making money, wouldn't have sunk his own ship. These large ships are moneymakers and he knew this. As for if he had been on the ship, he would have gotten off because people feared him, and the world economy would have felt his absence if he didn't.

>>A lot of rumours (which can never be proven) have it that JP Morgan was responsible for the sinking of the Titanic, and the fact that he was not ill at all does add some suspicion to this rumour. <<

Actually they did nothing of the kind. All the conspiracy theory stuff surrounding the Titanic is a modern day contrivance out of absolutely nothing. no such rumours or suspicions of conspiracy existed at the time.

Back