What is Renee Harris saying when she's walking down the staircase

since I'm writing my screenplay... I'm including elements from sos titanic... especially the scene when rene takes a fall down the stairs... can anyone tell me what she's saying when she's walking down the staircase?

from 3:53 onwards

Seriously- from a stylistic viewpoint, you are best off having her saying nothing at all. The dialogue-interrrupted-by-pratfall device was/is so overused in comedy that it endows an unintentionally comic cast upon any dramatic scene in which it appears. So, dramatic falls tend to take place in conversational pauses onscreen. Having:

RENE: (As she begins to descend the stairs) Honestly, Henry, if Mrs. Patrick Campbell's derriere gets any larger, she can prop wine glasses atop it onstage and have it double as.. ARRRRGH! (She slips and tumbles down into the B deck lobby)

in your script defies the skills of even the most gifted of thespians to make it believably dramatic. Interludes like that always play silly, when dialogue is introduced. Give her a line of light dialogue, to establish why she is on the stairs, and leave it at that.

ummmmm.... it's all for personal use :\ it's not like I'll be going around Hollywood saying "It's all mine, mine mine" without giving any credit to where I've taken bits and pieces from :\ it's for my personal use only...

if any of you read my post about script-writing... you'll know my screenplay is based on all Titanic films + with my added touch to it

>>ummmmm.... it's all for personal use :\ <<

As a point of order, it may not matter all that much. Copyright issues can be a real minefield so don't get too cozy with the "personal use" thing. A judge just might not be impressed. The fact that you have it on YouTube where anybody can access it makes copyright an issue which you ignore at your peril.

why I bother coming to this site... I don't know... personally, I wouldn't refer anyone to this site for advice... the screenplay I'm writing is a tribute from all titanic films -- including my own touch to it... it's like talking to a brick wall.

The script for SOS Titanic is available for purchase online $15 and your troubles are over. The PDFs from this place (and I can't remember where it is) are text, so you can copy and paste directly from the PDF.

>it's like talking to a brick wall.

Well, no. You got two relevant answers. If you take time to actually think about what you were being told ~ that it is not advisable to use copyright material in any context, and that sequences mixing dialogue with falls should be avoided because of the inescapable aura of Three Stooges it confers upon the work ~ you'd surely realise that you just got, for free, exactly what a script doctor would tell you, and charge you for.

Before Renee hits the deck she's singing a popular show tune: Every little movement has a meaning of its own from the 1910 hit Madam Sherry. Sorry I can't give you the conversation that precedes her performance - it's too difficult shouting through this brick wall.

Ah, Bob. That song played a major, real life, role in a disaster 13 months prior to Titanic.

"Every Little Movement" had quickly percolated thru all stratas of society. Several reliable second day accounts, and quite a few anecdotal remembrances, reenforce that the younger Jewish girls in the Triangle Factory had an impromptu sing-a-long on that number in the ninth floor coat room, even as the eighth floor was burning and the exits to the street were being cut off.

The fire broke out after closing time on the last work day of the week, and many of the younger girls had worn their going-out clothing and were freshening up before meeting their dates or husbands. None of the Italian girls who survived recalled the song, but many of the Jewish girl survivors spoke of it breaking out, spontaneously, as they put on their hats and freshened their clothing. Which has led me to wonder if, perhaps, there was a Yiddish version then current. The song broke up, abruptly, as the rear windows along the ninth floor blew in and the main aisle to the exit ignited. Those who ran to the left from the dressing room door had about a 50/50 chance of surviving. Those who ran to the right had a nearly 90% mortality rate.

The song affixed itself to the disaster but, unlike "Nearer My God to Thee," did not become synonymous with the event. And, for whatever reason, while Mrs. Harris was singing it in the made for TV SOS Titanic, the entire "Every Little Movement" interlude was omitted from the made for TV Triangle Fire film from the same year.

>>why I bother coming to this site... I don't know... <<

For advice and feedback I would presume.

The thing is that we may not always be able to tell you the nice cozy feel good things you want to hear, but we will try to explain to you the hard realities you need to know.

Copyright issues are nothing to take lightly as they are not just guidelines or suggestions, they are the law!

We're not trying to dump on you, we're trying to help you stay out of trouble. If you think we're tough, watch the fun if you end up tangling with the lawyers of the studio which holds the copyrights to the scenes you wish to use. If they want to make an issue of it, they'll make you're life an expensive hell.

>>why I bother coming to this site... I don't know... <<

I thought we gave you what you wanted? Or maybe that was on the IMDB message boards where you posted it on no less than three Titanic film boards.

Back