Who lived to be in their 90's? Here are my results

The following are passengers and crew who lived to be in their 90's or older. There are probably other ones but theses are the ones that I know.

Abraham Saloman-90
Millvina Dean-90 (so far)
Selma Asplund-90
Helen Candee-90
Ellen Wilkes-90
Ethel Beane-90
Juliette Laroche-90
Edward Calderhead-91
Albert Caldwell-91
Margaretha Frolicher-Stehli-91
Hannah Touma-91
Barbara West-91 (so far)
Eva Hart-91
Frank Prentice-92
Neshan Krekorian-92
Michel Navratil-92
Emilio Portaluppi-92
Ann McGowan-92 or 94
Hannah Riordan-92
Elizabeth Mellenger-92
Ada Ball-92
Lulu Drew-92
Florence Ware-92
Emma Bliss-93
Florence Angle-93
Maude Sincock-93
Bertha Watt-93
Olaus Abelseth-94
Kate Herman-94
Nelle Snyder-94
George Rowe-95
Clara Hays-95
Helen Mocklar-95
Gertrude Kimball-95
Lillian Asplund-95 (so far)
Alice Cleaver-95
Kate Buss-96
Eva Dean-96
Frederick Ray-97
Ellen Shine-98
Lily Potter-98
Agnes Sandstrom-98
Winifred Quick-98
Edith Rosenbaum-98?
Fermina Olivia-98?
Edwina Troutt-100
Edith Brown-100
Marjorie Newell-103
Mary Davis-104

Feel free to add any others or correct me.

Andrew Maheux

Thanks for this list. I wonder how the percentage of Titanic survivors who lived to be 90 or older compares to that of the general population?

There are at least 5 other survivors that lived to see their 90th year or more but have not yet been made public. Catch the Atlantic Daily Bulletin's next issue and that "undisclosed" number will drop to 4 :).

Regards,
Phil

Phil, is it ..........? I won't say it here, but am on pins and needles waiting for your article!
happy.gif

Thanks, I Can't wait to see the article. But I bet it will be one of the crew members this time.

Im always glad to know that there are people who keep track and do very good and hard work researching the Titanic's passengers and crew.

Regards,

Andrew M.

Hi Andrew,

Just had a chance to see your list. From memory, I quickly put together a list of some others who I think you might wish to add.

Albert Moss died in 1973 at age 90
Ruth Blanchard died in 1990 at age 90
May Futrelle died in 1967 at age 91
Bridget Driscoll died in 1976 at age 91
Fanny Kelly died in 1949 at age 92
Rene Harris died in 1969 at age 93
Louise Kroepfl died in 1979 at age 93

There are more I know but I don't have the information in my brain. I know that the ever famous Alice Cleaver Williams was 95 or 96 when she died, and Mrs. Cassebeer too, so the list goes on and on....

Some survivors came very close. I think Anna Turja was 89 when she died, as was Mrs. Beckwith, Mrs. Chibnall, Mrs. Lindstrom....if I'm not mistaken, I believe Lawrence Beesley almost came close to the 90 year mark also.

Hope this helps....

Best,

Mike Findlay

Hey Andrew--no-- the other "undisclosed" ones aren't crewmembers--they're real bonafide passengers that lived to be in their 90's and have never been made public. The Atlantic Daily Bulletin should be out in about a month and at some time after that I'll probably give my article it to Phil H. to use here as a "Titanic Research" article.

Take care,
Phil

As to the 89s, I have the following:

Sydney Edward Daniels
Anna Sofia Turja
Albert Adrian Dick
Lawrence Beesley
Jacob William Gibbons
Sarah Monypeny Beckwith
Edith Martha Barber Chibnall
Helen Churchill Candee
Sigrid Posse Lindstrom

Yours again, Filipe

Hi Andrew,

Louise Kroepfl was Louise Kink Pope's mother and was Mrs. Louise Kink aboard the Titanic. She and Mr. Kink divorced after the sinking and both remarried.

Louise Pope always used to tell how her mother, as she advanced into her nineties, always asked why she had been allowed to live so long after that terrible night. Mrs. Kroepfl was 93 when she eventually passed away, and we all thought Mrs. Pope would reach that age also - given her seemingly good health and love of life. As Shelley mentioned in another thread, next week will be the 10th anniversary of Lou Pope's passing at the age of 84. She was a remarkable lady.

Very best,

Mike Findlay

Back