William Edward Hine

This is mind boggling as we have just found out my husband is also related via his grandfather's line, William Joseph Hine.. the families all hail from Buckinghamshire!

I tried to attach a photo of the baker's hat, but it was probably a copyright violation. Either way, it seems incredibly wrong to me to claim the possession of a dead man (who has living relatives). If the hat had no name, fine, sell it. However, the hat had a name, and William Hine went down with the ship.

I tried to attach a photo of the baker's hat, but it was probably a copyright violation. Either way, it seems incredibly wrong to me to claim the possession of a dead man (who has living relatives). If the hat had no name, fine, sell it. However, the hat had a name, and William Hine went down with the ship.
Do you happen to have any extra information about the baker's hat? Where it was found...?

Thank you for this information about him...such a shame his body was never recovered and returned to his family-one of many....

I've been doing my family tree and found out I'm a very distant cousin of him too-His great grandparents (Hine) are my 6x great grandparents.

Back