William Moubarek

There seems to have been written very little about this 3 class passenger. I wondered if anybody have got anything about him?
He died in Observatory, Pennsylvania August 29 1975. His name had then been changed to William G. Borek. According to his obituary Sept 1 1975 in Pittsburg Post Gazette he left his wife, Mrs Jennie Sarkis Borek, three doughters, Mrs Louis Staub, Mrs Marlene Martrano and Mrs. Jean Jara, three brothers, Daniel, Roy and George, and one grandchild. Burial was in Northside Catholic Cementery, Ross Township. According to the obituary William George was ex-businessman.

Hi! I know this is late, but I just did a deep dive on this guy and can offer a little insight. He lived at 3972 Evergreen Road in Observatory Hill, which is a Pittsburgh neighborhood, not its own town. I guess he didn't like to talk about the Titanic. For the 1940 census, he told the enumerator that he had been born in New Jersey.

Hello Beth,

Welcome aboard!

Hi! I know this is late, but I just did a deep dive on this guy and can offer a little insight. He lived at 3972 Evergreen Road in Observatory Hill, which is a Pittsburgh neighborhood, not its own town. I guess he didn't like to talk about the Titanic. For the 1940 census, he told the enumerator that he had been born in New Jersey.
I figured that Observatory Hill is a neighbourhood in Pittsburgh, not a town. Thank you for confirming this.

Back