Photo of the Lefebvre children

I noticed on the Lefebvre family biographies that there is an article named "Gives up hope of children - Mystic man finds that those from Titanic were not his - returns a sad man", it says there that "Mr. Lefebvre had a picture of his wife and four children taken only the week before she sailed, which she had sent him.".
Was there really a picture of the Lefebvre family? Can you find it on Internet? I would really like to see it for I search photos of every child on board.
Miranda

I don't know if you can find any such on the Internet. Keep in mind that the photo in question would have been part of a family's private albums. Unless the current holder of any surviving photos is willing to post them on a family website or share them with a researcher, my bet is that most such photos will never be published.

I think I read somewhere that he did remarry, then went to jail. I also read that he sent the photo of the children to Chicago. Did the people keep it?

Yes, well he took a French woman with him to the States. Then he sent for his family. I don't understand that. What if the women would have met? I don't understand Francois' motives. I have been searching for a photo of the four children for years. They must have been darling, I saw a picture of Marie Lefebvre once, she was very pretty. poor woman how she was cheated on, and the little ones well. Then they lost their lives. Maybe it was for good and they would be better off resting.

There is a plak(sorry, i'm Finnish, English is a second language, and i'm still learning)in France commemorating the Lefebvre family, and they screwed it up. The ages of the children were a year older than they were. Henri is the only one who is the right age. I wonder where they got he info on tehm to screw the ages up. It kinda makes me angry, becasue people who know nothing of Titanic, will look at the plak and get the wrong info.

Yes, ages messed up make me made-for example, on Alma Cornelia (such a pretty name-Cornelia) Plasson's tombstone, her little daughter Torborg's name is mispelled as Torburg from what I seen on the vidoes and poor child, poor mother, she INTENTIONALLY spelled her daughter's name that way, not as Torburg. I noticed the children's ages (Lefebvre) as 11, 6, 4, and 2. Actually, they are 12, 8, 5, and 3. None of them are correct. It's sad. I know that I would want my children's names and ages placed/written correctly on everything.

I think it was posted somewhere else on the boards here--but I am close friend of a relative of Marie Lefebvre. My friends Grandmother was Marie's sister. (Had to stop and think before I wrote that cause it's confusing! )
happy.gif
The story goes that Marie's sister was going to go with her on the Titanic but when she found out the cost of a ticket-she could not afford to go- so she stayed in France while Marie went without her. So therefore-- IF Marie's sister would've gone-- I probably would'nt have my friend because she would've suffered the same fate as Marie. My friend's family only recently discovered Marie's sister was their Grandma. Confusing, but interesting anyway. So-- yes-- there are still relatives of Marie's alive today.

Well Welcome Vickey.
There is no proof that Frank Lefebvre was cheating or that he went to jail. He and his children were deported in the summer of 1912 after Franck made inquires about the fate of his family. Authorities discovered he had lied in his papers and immediatly ordered he return to France with his surviving children. As it stands i believe a daughter later returned to America and married there. Franck and the other surviving children lived out their lives in France and died there.'
Something i have come across several time is the possible middle name for Henri. He is written down across a few Titanic sites as Henri Forbes Lefebvre.
Mind you, there is no proof, but speculation over the name.

So i have made a few interesting finds about the Lefebvre family. First off the children all bore the same middle names: Marie-Joseph (very common with French speaking people) and i believe the movie Ghosts of the Abyss had a photo of Mathilde, Jeannie and Henri Lefebvre. I have tried taking a still from the film, but the image is no clean.

Good morning.

I don't know if I've do the good choice about the lastname from my family writing Lefèvre, but I search the identity from a died passager during the wreck of the Titanic really born after 1888. Why Lefèvre or Lefebvre??? I've ancestor from this name including certainly the hypocoristic forms of this one. A part of this branch is here : Marie Catherine Lefèvre (abt.1759-) | WikiTree FREE Family Tree
Now I know also that this person playing trombone. The relation is into collateral name of this branch with the name Lemoine. jean baptiste Le Moyne de Bienvielle has founded the New-Orleans city in USA. I've do the relation between the trombone and the music from The New-Orleans city. This branch Lemoine relative with Lefèvre is here : Jacques Lemoine (1662-) | WikiTree FREE Family Tree

I know there isn't easy to find, but I hope results.

Contact me to this email address : [email protected] or through my wikitree page
I've found also this page on internet : https://mediathequedelamer.com/wp-c...iches-passagers-titanic-mathilde-lefebvre.pdf

Friendly.

mja Mahé

Back