Mrs Daniel Marvin

She was pregnant at the time of the sinking. She gave birth to a baby girl and remarried. She did not tell the girl about what happened to her birth father for many years. She destroyed all the cinemascope pictures of the wedding. His body was not found. She lived very happily with her second husband for many years.

There was a very good article by Robert Bracken and Michael Findlay in Voyage 27 (the Winter 1998 T.I. journal). Besides Mary Marvin, it gives details on all the preganant passengers: Madeleine Astor, Helen Bishop, Marion Kenyon, Eloise Smith, Kate Phillips, Argene DelCarlo, Juliette Laroche, Adele Nasser, Ada West, and Hannah O'Brien. Mary Marvin had a daughter named Margaret.

Mike Herbold

I'd like to no what Mary Marvin did in the yrs. following the Titanic sinking. Did she continue to live in New York and what relationship did she continue with Daniel Marvin's family considering she made no mention to her daughter about her birth father. Was she buried at a cemetary containing other Titanic survivors.

gary

Mary Marvin married Horace DeCamp and had a daughter Julia Janet DeCamp (later Mrs. Bruce Wisner Winpenny and still later Mrs. Lyman L. DeCamp) and a son Frank G. DeCamp. She lived out her life in Herkimer County, New York where she owned a home at 12 Birch Road in the town of Thendara. She died on October 17, 1975 at St. Luke's Memorial Hospital in New Hartford, New York at the age of 81 and was buried at Riverview Cemetery in Old Forge, New York. I don't know of any other Titanic survivors buried there.

In her will she divided her estate between her children and grandchildren, specifically disinheriting her grandson, Wheaton Kitteredge, Jr., the only son of her daughter Peggy (who was the child of Daniel Warner Marvin). Her entire estate was valued at $38,558.16 and her liabilites amounted to $32,456.67--so there was very little estate to be divided among the heirs. Her descendants now live in New York, Florida, and Vermont.

I hope some of the above is what you were looking for!

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME MORE ABOUT MARY MARVIN'S DESCENDANTS: GRANDCHILDREN, CHILDREN ETC....... WHO ARE STILL LIVING? PLEASE EMAIL ME.

MARK

Back