Hi Leticia,
I hope this info helps a little:

Sarah Roth was born October 10--the year is in dispute but she claimed it was 1885. More likely she was a bit younger than that (interesting that most Titanic women lied to make themselves younger but Sarah seems to have wanted to be older.

She was born in London and married Daniel Iles and had one son, Albert, born December 9, 1914. She died July 4, 1947 in Milford, Connecticut of Chronic Nephritis and is buried with her husband in King's Highway Cemetery in Milford. Her son Albert just died on February 28, 1999 at the age of 84. Her husband Daniel was born August 6, 1887 and died in Milford on December 6, 1966.

The following is taken from the MILFORD CITIZEN newspaper, July 10, 1947:

SARAH ILES

Mrs. Sarah Iles, aged 58, wife of Daniel Iles of 20 Bertrose Avenue, Wildemere Beach, who was a survivor of the Titanic disaster of 1912, died Friday in the Hopewell Nursing Home, Woodmont, after an illness of two years.

Services took place Monday at 10:30 a.m. in the Smith Funeral Home, with Rev. Irving Thursby of the Church of Christ officiating. Burial was in King's Highway Cemetery.

A native of London, England, Mrs. Iles was a passenger aboard the Titanic when it struck an iceberg and sank on its maiden voyage 35 years ago. She was enroute from Southampton to New York to be married to Mr. Iles, who had left England for the United States a year earlier. Mr. Iles located her in St. Vincent's Hospital, New York, after first reports listed her as a casualty of the ship disaster.

She had been a resident of Milford 20 years.

Mrs. Iles is survived in addition to her husband, by a son, Albert D. Iles, of Milford; two brothers, Harry Roth of New York City, and Samuel Roth, in Australia.

I have just read the biography of Miss Sarah Roth, and I wondered if anyone had any more information on her. For instance where did she live before she left for America?.
As she married so soon after arriving in the States I assume she was following her future husband, Daniel, to start a new life. Perhaps the disaster spurred them into marriage sooner than planned?.
I would find it very interesting to know something about what became of the couple.
Happy New year!
Emma

Emma,

There was a whole score of items auctioned off by Sothebys that once belonged to Sarah Roth. I can't remember what year the auction was, but it wasn't too long ago. I'm not sure if Phil has it on his site, but according to her boarding card, she occupied the same cabin as Beila Moore, 121 in third class on E deck.

Daniel.

Emma,
I don't know too much info about Sara Roth, but according to the book women and children first Sara Roth was 26yrs. old and was from London England and traveling to New York, New York.

I have a telegraphic letter dated April 11th 1912 of sarah Roth and like to find out if it is genuine.Could anybody please help me with it?Thank you in advance.Hanco

The only item she had with her when she was rescued was a third class last dinner menu, that is now on display at a Titanic museum in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

Does anyone know Sarah Roth's middle name? In the book "Titanic Names" her middle initial is the letter "A" If anyone knows it would be appreciated beyond belief. Thank you.

Back