Loraine Allison & brother Photo

I am currently doing photo research for a elementary school textbook and i'm trying to find a photo of Loraine Allison of Montreal with her baby brother, similar if not the same one that was used on "GhostLiners." Could anyone help me?
(I am also looking for photo of Willie and Neville Couts) Thanks!!

Hi Shannon,

I'm afraid those are the only known photos of Loriane and Trevor.

If more exist, then the family would probably have them.

The pictures of the Allisons on page 30 of Titanic: An Illustrated History are from a private family collection and from the McCord Museum in Canada. The one on p. 214 is from Don Lynch’s own collection. As may or may not be well known, the Allisons were ancestors of Don’s.

ppl_allison2.jpg

Here is a rather nice pic of Mrs. Allison and the little children, Trevor and Loraine. I always wondered why does it seem as if there are no pics of the ENTIRE family? That is to say both parents and children.

Does anyone know of present day descendents of the branch of the Allison family that raised Trevor after the Titanic sinking? All i know is he was taken in by one of Hudsons brothers. Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Grant

Well, i had read an internet story about the weeks after the family drowned. I am looking for it, so i can post the information.
This is what i remember off my mind.
All the Allison's maids were fired and replace, and Hudson's brother, Percy?(i have to confirm) was the one to take young Trevor. Apparently the shipment and burial of Mr. Allison was not a nice affair. There was much arguing, fighting and general disagreement surrounding him. The family had to affair over very quickly and told Trevor when he was old enough to understand. I hear that he grew up a rather unhappy lad, what with the family's riches being used up quickly.
I will look for the story and post it as soon as i can. I am going to look...now.

His body was the first to be shipped from Halifax and his funeral was held a 2 p.m. on Thursday, May 2nd. The Montreal Daily Herald reported that the service was conducted at the old home of Dr. W.R. Young, pastor of the Douglas Methodist Church of Montreal, assisted by the Chesterville ministry , and the remains laid to rest in the family plot at Maple Ridge cemetery where his father is buried.
Hudson’s brothers, Percy and George inherited the farm and the estate, as said in Hudson’s will made in 1911.
The estate was valued at three million dollars. Percy lived on the farm until he sold to Charles Doering in 1920, for $40,000. It was bought by James Popham in 1946, and again by Paul Monast in 1954, and again by Stan and Jan Vanden Bosch in 1965. The main dairy farm was destroyed by a tornado in1972,and was replaced. A part of the original barn still stands.
Trevor was met by his uncle, George in New York, and George and his wife Lillian became step parents to young Trevor.

Well i read of three daughters of Hudson's brother,(not sure which) who are alive and in their sixties/seventies and all have descendants, although a son, who had a descendant, both died, so i am unable to find a living descendant who bears the name Allison. I am still looking though. Seeing as this family was rich and well known, there would be a good chance of finding out a descendancey line compared with a poorer family, so have hope!

Back