Bess Allison's siblings

Bess Waldo Daniels Allison was from Milwaukee, WI. She was 21 years old when she married Hudson Allison in 1907, so she would probably have been born in 1886.

Hi Mary,

You're correct. Bess Allison was born on Sunday November 14, 1886.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Don Lynch's book says that the families blamed Alice for the deaths of Bess and Loraine, at least. They felt she ran off with Trevor and left Bess in an impossible situation.

Of course, key statements about Cleaver in this otherwise-excellent book have been disproved, so I don't know what the truth was am not going to offer up any comment on this hot-button issue here and now.

I BELIEVE - and digging up Sarah Daniels's letter would answer it for you - that Cleaver was among the party of Allison relatives and surviving servants returning to Canada. If so, this would indicate some tolerance/compassion/understanding of/for her on the part of Hud and Bess's relations.

No. It's been reproduced several places and is most definitely on the web. I'm still at work and don't have time to surf for it just now (just taking a three minute breather). If you don't see it on Sarah's bio or ET threads on her, I'll try to dig it up. I think it was reproduced at least partially in Judith Gellar's book.
Talk soon,
Regards,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this - I have searched and searched for a while for anything even a hint as to what became of Bessies Parents and siblings. For example did they marry and have children what happened to Arville and Sarah Etc. Can anyone at least point me in the right direction? Anyone?

Don Lynch's book says that the families blamed Alice for the deaths of Bess and Loraine, at least. They felt she ran off with Trevor and left Bess in an impossible situation.

Of course, key statements about Cleaver in this otherwise-excellent book have been disproved, so I don't know what the truth was am not going to offer up any comment on this hot-button issue here and now.

I BELIEVE - and digging up Sarah Daniels's letter would answer it for you - that Cleaver was among the party of Allison relatives and surviving servants returning to Canada. If so, this would indicate some tolerance/compassion/understanding of/for her on the part of Hud and Bess's relations.
Hi, Could you please, advise, what is the title of this book? There are more Don Lynch's books. Thanks.

Hi, Could you please, advise, what is the title of this book? There are more Don Lynch's books. Thanks.
Sorry, just seeing this now. The book would be 1992's Titanic: An Illustrated History, which contained the in-depth and now-discredited tale of Alice Cleaver as murderer, as well as a detailed - but contested - account of the actions of the Allisons and their servants during the sinking. Elsewhere on this thread, I referred to a letter by Sarah Daniels in which she recounts traveling to Canada with Allison relatives. I remember the letter (in which Daniels describes trying to hide attacks of giddiness at being alive out of respect for the grieving family) but don't remember where I saw it or if I was correct it was included in the Gellar book.

Back