Allison Family History

Hi Ernest, I am sorry for not getting back to you concerning your question about Ela Deeks. I am not quite sure how Miss Deeks is related to the Hudson Allison family. I think she is either a cousin or a niece. However, there are several here who visited the Allison homeplace last year and may be able to tell you how Miss Deeks is related to the family. I think Shelley may know.

Ella Deeks is identified in the ET biography of Alice Cleaver (Trevor Allison's nurse) as Trevor's cousin, and therefore a niece of Hudson and Bess Allison.

Thank you Shelley.
I will be in Canada, next month, and I plan to take a trip to Chesterville, on one of the days.

To me, the Allison family is one of the most heartbreaking parts of the TITANIC tragedy.

I'm also tempted to ask JT how far Chesterville is from Toronto, if he is up for a day trip.

BTW, we know that Alice Cleaver ended up returning to England, and died in 1984, and that her family has now produced documents to show she was NOT the child killer mentioned in "Illustrated History" and the CBS mini-series.

However, has it been firmly established what happened to the maid, Sarah Daniels, after the sinking? I figure that she and Alice Cleaver were dismissed by George and Percy Allison.

Chesterville to Toronto is about 250 miles......but go to Ottawa (30 miles away).....lots of good T connections there. Shelly can fill you in I'm sure......

"I'm also tempted to ask JT how far Chesterville is from Toronto, if he is up for a day trip."

Absolutely, I'm totally up for that John!
happy.gif

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

If anyone is interested, I have found additional Allison family through this board. William Percy Allison(brother of Hudaon Allison) had a son William Trevor Allison who married a Janet Cunningham. I have previously posted a family tree on this board.

Ernie

Ernest...I, too, have been doing genealogy on my family for a long time...have you tried looking at some sites where people have already contributed their lines (familysearch.org, rootsweb.com)...there are also message boards for specific names...maybe there are people there who are connected with your line and don't know they are connected to the Titanic line...one good such board is genforum.com.

Dear Friends to the North- I have accidently deleted an email about Trevor Allison's church of baptism, and hope someone has an answer.Hud's church in Chesterville is now Chesterville United Methodist Church, United being something added on I believe in the 70's. I am not sure whether baby Trevor was born in Chesterville or Montreal. I suspect it may have been Montreal, in which case, I am not sure which church the Allisons attended there. The baptism though, being usually about a month or so after birth, would have put it right in June planting time so maybe the family had gone down to Chesterville to the farm by then. Messieurs Murphy and Bergeron- to the rescue please (Au secours!)

........I'll take a punt and say Mtl. but don't know for sure. I would recommend contacting Alan Hustak (A, are you still alive?) as he is quite famililar with the Allisons. As you know, the Allison house you visited in Chesterville last year was never occupied by Hudson, and his connection with the village was rather minor by 1912. He was, in fact, a resident of Mtl. by then.

I hope this helps......but again, contact Alan. He can be reached through this board.

Gavin- the 1911 address I have for the family was 1085 Belmont Avenue in Westmount, with the summer home on Lake St. Louis- where are these places exactly in relationship to Montreal? Also, I wonder if Hud's brothers who inherited the Chesterville stock farm had a place in Chesterville of their own. I wondered where they stayed while the stock farm was going up? Do you know the Montreal address? I would love to know if the house is still there.

Hi everyone, this is my first post to this site. I am curious to know if anyone has the family lineage of the Allison's since the Titanic. My mother's maiden name is Allison and she has said that we are somehow related to the Allison's of the Titanic. She said all her family comes from the Chesterville area and in fact we are still in the general vicinity. I myself only live about an hour away. Her father's name was Harold Allison (deceased). I know very little about her lineage on the Allison side, but that should help a little. Incidentally, my birthday is April 15th. I have been interested in the Titanic story for as long as I can remember. Always felt a connection. That said, I am not as diligent about the details as I ought to be, so any help would be much appreciated.

Back