Hi, recently I was reading Margaret's biography, and I'm curious-why did she have pills prescribed for her by the doctor ? What kinda pills were they ? This is just my guess:since Margaret lost her husband William just two years before the sinking,and recently gave birth to Eugene(some new moms(especially having more children ) tend to be moody, or feel depressed and raising 5 small children alone with scarce money is not the easiest job in the world, maybe she needed a stress reliever. But there could be numerous other reason as well. Well, her worries had ended on that night when Titanic went down, and she can rest peacefully forever.

HI, My Name is Rosalie (Lefebvre) Rice, I am married to a Rice, apparently the ancestors from our branch of Rices, come from Montreal also .... of the Kognawagha reservation . I wonder if this would have been part of the Margerite Rice family...
I was also a Lefebvre , My father's family also came from Montreal. His father's name was Emerie Lefebvre, married to a Rosalie Fauteux. They both died young, she in childbirth. they had about 7 children. any light bulbs go off here to anyone ??

Hi, July 1st, 2010 My son visited the archives & cemetary in Halifax, and to his wonder found a RICE & a LEFEBVRE which he is related in both names. We wonder if anyone knows if these people would be our ancestors or what? see earlier message. Rosalie(Lefebvre) Rice.

HI Rosalie-- saw your latest post-- I wonder if some friends here in my town are related to you somehow. My friend's grandmother's sister perished on the Titanic. My friends grandmother decided NOT to get on the Titanic with her sister.
Contact me if you would like to explore this info. The name Lefebvre is my friends grandmother's sister's last name. Spelled the same! I also got to visit the Titanic passengers graves in Halifax a few years ago. Awesome!

Hi, recently I was reading Margaret's biography, and I'm curious-why did she have pills prescribed for her by the doctor ? What kinda pills were they ? This is just my guess:since Margaret lost her husband William just two years before the sinking,and recently gave birth to Eugene(some new moms(especially having more children ) tend to be moody, or feel depressed and raising 5 small children alone with scarce money is not the easiest job in the world, maybe she needed a stress reliever. But there could be numerous other reason as well. Well, her worries had ended on that night when Titanic went down, and she can rest peacefully forever.
This is my great aunt

Back