3d Titanic

ey...I've been looking for a 3d model of the Titanic for almost 10 months now...and guess what...I've found one.....this is the link for the page where you can download it...scroll down..there are a few problems with it like....the funnels are kinda red...like queen mary....and the interiors are like empty giant hallways.....just enjoy it.

I hope I've made a significant discovery.

http://www.quest3d.com/index.php?id=148

I think this is a model that they're still developing that then it will be used for a ship simulator...like...a Virtual sailor or something...we just have to wait and see...and hope it comes out not just in Germany.

Hi

That Titanic model what you downloaded was a clipart model that came on a CD with a lot of other 3D stuff, by a company called De Espona. It think it dates back tot he 1990s, and seems to be based on the Revell Titanic kit. When I was analysing how it was put together, the parts very much resembled the plastic parts in the kit. It made me wonder.

We're not developing this model, but have replaced it with a completely new model built from the best references available.

The new model is fully dynamic - meaning it is controllable. It will also be possible to walk around on the new model - a first in a simulator like this.

We have a plan to develop the interior also.

The simulator this model is being produced for is called Schiff Simulator 2006, and will initially be published in Germany by Astragon (February 2006). It is available for pre-order at www.amazon.de. Sometime in April, 2006, we will release an international version - which will contain a number of enhancements.

There are some nice screenshots of the simulator on Titanic-Titanic, in the computer games forum. It's not possible to post big screenshots here - this is the best I can do:

101937.jpg

I'm hosting a Titanic anniversary "celebration" for my social club - Fri 4/13 I've booked a theatre privately to show "A Night to Remember" and on Sat 4/14 I've booked a pub privately for a pub night.

With the time zones taken into consideration, the iceberg will have hit at 7:40pm here, and the ship finally sinks at 10:20pm - good timing to try & honour the actual events of that night in 'real time' mode...
I'm planning to get a model ship (< $100 range if possible) to 'sink it' during that period... not sure if/how to control it, but as I just joined this site, and noticed this thread;
If I can find a 3D model to do a 'walk-through' of the ship, and/or a simulation of the sinking... wow!! I hadn't thought to bring my laptop & connect it to the TVs, but now I've got more to think about...

Until I can scour the forums more thoroughly for tips, ideas & links, can anyone point me to a good 3D (or 2D) model - high-res blueprints, images, etc. that I could use in a slideshow playing in the background?
Much obliged!

Back